Friday, February 24, 2006

Ok so it isn't the Beautiful Dominican Republic!

Well I finally have a chance to sit down and write a bit for the blog. The house I am borrowing has a maid coming in today to clean so off to Panera we go to drink coffee, eat pastries and surf the internet while the maid cleans. It has been a very busy week here in Florida for Dawn and me. I was supposed to get in on the 14th which was the same day Dawn was supposed to arrive from Montana where she was casting bronzes and we were coming in 1/2 hour apart. I hired a limo to pick us up and take us to Boca Raton where I have borrowed my friends home, car, music and everything else he owned:) My flight was cancelled and I didn't get here till the 15th so Dawn took the limo all by herself and when the driver told her he didn't take credit cards he agreed to come back the next day. I had cash for Dawn in my pocket as planned but she was low on funds. I finally spoke with the Driver and arranged for him to pick us up on the 1st of March to return us to the Airport. Dawn will fly from Miami to Atlanta and then to Santo Domingo. Then onto a Caribbee Tours bus to Sosua. This is a crazy flight but she needed to do this to get to Montana on the first part of her trip. I fly into Puerto Plata that same day thank goodness as I hate to spend the day on planes and buses. I think I can speak for both of us when I say we will be happy to return to the Dominican Republic and our rice and beans. Yes I know, I, we are sincerely turning Dominican, but honestly if I have to eat any more of this crap food here I will be 400 pounds when I return. Ok folks, I am going to end this hear and start another piece with more pictures. Hasta Pronto!

No comments: