Saturday, October 28, 2006

Something you haven't seen in a while

And that is a lot of people at the beach. It has rained like you wouldnt believe for several days now! .
I don't know but I think I have grown 2" after being watered so much.
.
Yesterday the main street in Sosua, Calle Pedro Clisante looked like a river. Garbage was flowing down the street all morning and you couldnt see the street, the sidewalk or the first two steps coming into the restaurant.
.
Ok, enough about the bad weather. I guess we deserve it after not seeing much rain since late August. Besides I didn't have to shovel it so what the hell do "I" have to complain about~!
.
Business has been good. People had nothing else to do but come in and eat and drink for several days now. Even first thing this morning I had a customer in 15 minutes before we opened to get 2 sodas and water. We had a very busy day yesterday and I suspect equal for today and tomorrow at least.
.
I was up in Cabrera on Wednesday after staying Tuesday night in Nagua. It was hard to get a hotel room because of the inaugaration of the NEW Airport that supposedly opened there to serve Cabrera to Samana. Now I don't know if the Airport is actually opened but they did inaugarate it:) Like all things in the DR sometimes it is hard to tell what is what.
.
The project in Cabrera is coming along nicely. We poured the roof on the bigger house which is 490 m2 and the smaller house 430 m2 is in the finishing stages now getting ready for ceramic and plumbing fixtures and kitchen. Hopefully we will have both homes finished this year and begin on the condos. Notice I used the word Hopefully? That is just about all you can do here is hope sometimes since it is sometimes very difficult getting things done.
.
Construction is going great guns here on the North Coast Still. It is becoming a bigger boom here the way there are so many new homes are popping up every day. More and more people are coming here to purchase something. I speak to many people every day in the market for something.
.
Hopefully I will buy a new digital camera in the next couple of weeks. My 8 megapixel Nikon is a great camera but I am jonesing for one of those small thin and light cameras of high megapixel. Something I can put in my shirt pocket and whip out when needed:)
.
The message board that I post on http://www.lifeinthedr/forum is doing very good. After a few months there are about 350 members/posters there and there are often many people just logged on before becoming members. Check it out!
.
That's it for now. I know I haven't blogged much and I probably won't get on a regular stream for a couple of weeks but I promise I will be back and write as often as I did before.
. Hasta Pronto!

No comments: