Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Say hello to Dave from Atlanta. Dave was staying in my condo for 5 days and just left yesterday. We have been exchanging emails for about 2 years now talking about different things but including many things we had in common but this is the first time we have met.
.
When he told he was 6'7" tall and he would be easy to spot at the airport he was 100% correct. Man you cant help but look at this guy and call him Stretch:)
.
Dawn and Stretch have been hanging out a lot since he introduced himself to her at Lou's Shark Bar. When Dawn asked how he knew her he said "from Scott's Blog" which gave her a laugh. On the last night before he left the three of us went to dinner at Pomadoro's on the beach in Cabarete. It was too bad the town was dead because Cabarete is an interesting place with many restaurants which double as clubs at night directly on the beach but it is nicer to appreciate it when there is a crowd there. Personally I like places better when it is quiet as I am not a big one on crowds. I hate being touched and jostled by people I don't know.
.
As most of you that have been reading my blog for a while know that I have a particular Whore House I go to in Cabarete when I am there and of course we headed there after the dinner.
.
Here is a picture of Stretch with one of the lovely women there. This tipico as well as the town of Cabarete was very quiet and not a lot of people there that night. Problem with Cabarete is when it is quiet you really notice it and a lot more than you do in Sosua.
.
Look at the smile on this boys face. It seems as he has never been as happy as I have ever seen him.
.
Look at Stretch. Definately not as happy as he is above:) Harsh reality is going home after a stay in Fantasyland for everyone.
.
I wish him well and hope that he returns soon. He is a great guy with a lot of interesting stories to tell and I look forward to hearing more of them the next time he is in town. Alas, back to the "real" world for Stretch! Godspeed on your return my friend!
Hasta Pronto!

No comments: