Friday, March 02, 2007

Clinic in Maranatha

These pictures are from a clinic in Maranatha. I donated 1,ooo US dollars to them from the money we raised at DominicanKids.com. Paypal would only let me transfer 500 US dollars a month for some reason so I had some money left which went here. .
It was nice to get these pictures via email. It is nice to see the money helping some kids now instead of waiting for the other clinic to be built. I have some more money I am going to take out of paypal next month that will also go here.
.
This clinic is run by missionaries from the States. They seem to be doing a nice job. When I visited there were many many people lined up for care.
.
Until the new dental clinic gets built in Puerto Plata I am going to be raising some money for this place. If anyone wants to contribute you can drop the money by QuiXotes Restaurant in Sosua, Dominican Republic. I would also be happy to take you to the clinic to see where your money is going.
.
They can also use some volunteers to do crowd control so if anyone has some time on their hands Tuesday and Thursday afternoon let me know.
.
Business has really picked up at the restaurant. Now even the slow days are good days. I guess we finally hit the high season. At least if I have to be there I want to be busy and it is BUSY now.
.
Hasta Pronto!

2 comments:

Rumble2005 said...

Hi Scott,
It's Boyd and Lani from Canada. We acquired the week at Sun Village via the Dominican Kids auction. It's great to see the money getting put to good use.
We will be using our week at Sun Village during our stay in the DR from 04/07 to 04/21 . Cannot wait !!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the money is going to a good cause.

BTW, I'm a little pissed that I haven't received the "Walking Tour of NY" that I bid on. :) :) :)

[That's an inside joke]

Edd