Tuesday, February 27, 2007

View from my finca

The first picture is of two Cashew trees. I didn't know it was a cashew tree and threw out the nut and ate the fruit:) live and learn!
. It is in flower now and I should get a lot of fruit and nuts off of this baby. Two trees side by side.
. The last time the fruit was the sweetest smelling fruit I have ever smelled and I am looking forward to it. The cashew is above the fruit and is green and the fruit is a nice red.
.
The next one is a fan palm. If you look behind that bad boy or girl as the case may be you will see a offspring which we transplanted. It will grow real fast! .
Next picture is a hedge row I started as tiny tiny. I have three different hedge rows in three different colors of the same plant .
In one year they will be twice the size! It is amazing how fast things grow here. When I take people to see the finca who have been here before they can't believe how beautiful it is the following year.
.
The last picture is of a flowering tree I don't know the name of but the leaves are purple on one side and green on the other. Big Balls of pink flowers every year that are just magnificent.
.
Hasta Pronto!

No comments: