Monday, January 21, 2008

Escotts Finca and Gardens Sosua, Dominican Republic

These are some pictures I took of the front of my mini finca up in El Choco today. I have over 300 plants parked just in the 30 foot by xxx foot front of the property already in the ground. Give this 6 months and it will absolutely amaze you with a bonanza of colors! I am taking my Gynochologist up to my favorite vivero next week to go plant shopping and I will probably buy another load of beauties along with him. This vivero (Nursary) is the nicest with the best selection in the entire country. When I was there last week I could have literally spent 50 thousand US dollars on plants but I held back and just bought 225 for the front of the finca.
.
There was a palm tree there that was about 3 hundred dollars which I never saw before and I will buy that one this week when I return. Screw money, you cant take it with you. This palm tree looked like it had leaves like a shaggy dog and man was it different. I probably have already 300 Palm trees on the farm but I want different ones and I will get them slowly starting next week.

Everyone I take to the farm is impressed by the amount that I have done since October and I am impressed myself but this time I decided to do it hard and fast and cost be damned. I spend about 25% of my life here and why not enjoy it to the max?! When my buddy was interested in the land next door to my lot the developer came to the property to explain the property lines. He said "You sure built a lot of wall for just goats" and I said "But I like my goats":) You can see how happy they are when you come to the finca and they come to where the people are to hang out with you. Heck I have one goat that thinks she is a Darn Dog. When I am in the pasture she actually heals. I walk 5 steps and so does she. It is a lot of fun hanging out here. You can see my vegatables coming up and growing! I just think this is the coolest thing in the world and love the immediate gradification I get from this. I already have fruits and veggies that I have planted in the ground in the last 3 months. .

More pictures to come. There is so much to see it is unbelieveable!

.

Hasta Pronto!

No comments: