Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Bens and Marjorie's Property in Sosua

Ben and Marjorie are a couple of very nice people that I don't spend enough time with. Every time I see them I enjoy myself and of course learn something I didn't know before. They have property nearby my new finca and I have been working on cleaning it up. I have had 4 Haitians working there for nearly two weeks now and it is starting to take shape.
.
Most people just slash the overgrowth down but in 3 weeks it is back to haunt you. I dig the crap out by the roots which is time consuming and way more expensive but this lasts a heck of a lot longer and I am talking in terms of years not weeks.

After we dig up what we don't want and keep what we do want we burn the digging off. The burn pile is also becoming a fertilizer pile and everytime I have planted in a burn pile I get supersized stuff out of it.

.

This is what you call Multi tasking:)

.

Hasta Pronto!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Scott,

Great progress. Thanks so much for overseeing this work and posting pictures for us to enjoy!

Best wishes,
Ben