Tuesday, January 20, 2009

One of my daily Bike Rides

I am still discovering this area so I go every nice day and a lot of day that aren't so nice on my dirt bike up in the mountains, down to the shore to visit beaches and all things to explore the area.
.
When I lived in Sosua there were about 15 guys with both dirtbikes and 4 wheelers that would go just about every Sunday which I loved. Haven't met people with dirtbikes here yet so I am doing it by myself which isn't as much fun because I have no other person to laugh at and with yet. I am sure some of my friends will end up coming this way to see the area and I will meet some people here so I will eventually get a group together again. I can't wait but solo it is till it happens.
This is one of three private coves I had discovered in my jeep years ago but the trip in the mountains ended back on the main highway between Cabrera where I live and the next city down the road. So on my way back on the highway I decided to this one on the bike for the first time.
This is a great piece of land with a beach that is a few miles wide and three coves with little beaches as well.
.
This is cove number 2.
This is the third and last cove. I love this place and now that I am living closer I will have to remember to pack a lunch and cooler and take the family here one day or many days! Very rarely do I see more than a few people in miles and miles of beach.
This shot is at the ocean side of the cove with the waves splashing up over the short cliff. This is a small Island behind the shack. Not inhabited. . Hasta Pronto!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great - can I get wifi there?

LennyZ said...

Hello Scott:

I live in Aventura, Florida and have a vacation place in Puerto Rico. I have been looking at your Blog for a while and I was thinking about getting something in the Dominican after my kids are out of school. You seem like you have traveled around much of the DR and, in your experience if you were looking for small town life, close to the beach but not too far from essential stores (grocery farmacias etc), near an international airport, near a marina or at least a boat dock, dont want to see thousands of prostitutes or tourists (same thing)walking around, where would you suggest I begin to look. Thank you for your time.

Escott said...

Dave you still have your AT&T card for your computer, right?:)

Lenny, if you are seriously into Boating I would recommend Luperon. You will see tourists but they are boating tourists but not the type you see in Florida that never leave the marina just sit at the back of the boat getting drunk every day but the cruising kind who actually leave the slip.

If you can do without the Boating with the exception of a small fishing boat come here to Cabrera. I love this place and only go back to Sosua is 2x a month to pay the help there.

Thanks for the comments!

Escott said...

Dave you still have your AT&T card for your computer, right?:)

Lenny, if you are seriously into Boating I would recommend Luperon. You will see tourists but they are boating tourists but not the type you see in Florida that never leave the marina just sit at the back of the boat getting drunk every day but the cruising kind who actually leave the slip.

If you can do without the Boating with the exception of a small fishing boat come here to Cabrera. I love this place and only go back to Sosua is 2x a month to pay the help there.

Thanks for the comments!

CindyDickerson said...

Hi Scott,

I'm enjoying reading your blog...I lived in the Caribbean in the mid 90s and loved it! I'm interested in moving 'somewhere else' (i live in Houston now) after my daughter graduates. Can you tell me if development there can support an interior designer? If so would it require living in a densely populated area? I was wondering what kind of experience you had renovating and shopping for furnishings. I am looking for an area similar to Cabrera. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks so much!

Escott said...

Hi Cindy,
There are a lot of high end homes in Cabrera. I didn't buy my furniture there and don't know where they people there do buy their furniture.

There would certainly be business for a decorator who has her own shop to supply what is needed in Cabrera in my opinion.

scottindr@yahoo.com is my email if you want to discuss it further.