Sunday, March 19, 2006

Good stuff~!

The Auction list is growing every day but come on folks we need your help now.
.
Email either scott or carina@dominicankids.com to tell us what we can put up on the auction page on your behalf. No need to wait for one of us to approach you! Get involved and reap the benefits of promoting your business or service!
.
You can now make a straight donation by going to Paypal and sending money to donation@dominicankids.com and I promise you that you will fell much better afterwards!
.
Please go to http://www.dominicankids.com and register to bid and get involved!
.
Today I took my friend Herbert to the airport for his return to NY. Herbert is here every 2 months or so for 2 weeks. Hopefully he will have purchased a condo here to stay in on his next trip if everything goes well and I want to wish him a hearty CONGRATS! Return soon my friend!
.
Last night Herbert, Niko the commie and myself had dinner at Debbies English Pies which is located in Beachway Plaza in Sosua right by the road to the beach and across the street from Voodoo lounge. Niko the commie had Curry the night before and raved about it. They only serve the curry one night a week but we had English Pies last night. Very good hearty meal and you should go and check it out! They have a Roast Dinner also I believe on Sundays although I havene't had it.
.
I guess next time I hear about "English Cuisine" I won't laugh as hard as I have before! LOL
.
After dinner we took a walk down the main street in Sosua. They actually closed off the street, had a Dominican band on one end and a Rock and Roll Band on the other. Tables were set up for two blocks and the streets were crowded. Sort of reminded me of Boca Chica but with better looking women:)
.
I think it would do Sosua well to do that EVERY weekend at least if not every day of the week!
.
Rumor has it that a new Restaurant is coming to the old Square and Compass location. More on that as soon as I get the goods to give you. I also heard that this time the crooks weren't involved so the deal went well.
.
Great things are happening with the Childrens Benefit and I will announce them as they come to fruition. I want to thank the many people who have involved themselves and donated their time and expertise to the cause for now and the future. Lots of stuff in the pot which you will hear about when it comes conclusion!
.
Dawn returns on the 22nd of March. I am going to pick her up in Santo Domingo because she is really weighed down with "STUFF". I am going to do the trip back and forth in one day and not stay over so don't expect a call to any friends in the Capital.
.
I have my annual Condo owners meeting on Tuesday which I do NOT look forward to. There are always people who try to get stupid stuff through and these meetings sometime last 8-10 hours which in and of itself is a freakin NightMARE! Be glad when it is over for sure.
.
Today I went to Charimico for LUNCH. Big mistake! They are having Carnival in Sosua today and it starts there and ends up in El Batey. I ended up going to Baileys for lunch instead although I was looking forward to Restaurante Central for some sea food.
.
That's about it. Please click and buy me breakfast and go to the Http://www.dominicankids.com website and pitch in one way or another. Together we can do great things!
Hasta Pronto!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No pics of the carnival in charamicos? I bet that was an interesting sight. Glad to see the auction coming along. I may have to bid on some the items as well as making my cash contribution. Looking forward to the opening of the clinic. Gives me an excuse to make a trip down.