Saturday, March 25, 2006

A case of mistaken identity?

In case you can't read the sign the Driver displayed at the airport let me read it for you!
.
"MR JACK MIOFF"
.
I saw this and cracked up and he asked what I was laughing about. I had to explain to him in my best Spanish and hand signals what it meant and that I thought that there was the slightest possibility that someone was busting his arse and he may not have a pick up from Boston that day:)
.
You just can't make this stuff up folks! This is too funny to conceive all by myself!
.
I was there to pick Dawn up who returned on the 22nd of March from several months out of the country working. Very successful trip for her with Commission, Sales of Limited addition pieces in the amount of 5 pieces and just general networking for more commissions in the future. I like meeting new and interesting people when I go on these sales trips with Dawn and it is alway entertaining when I go.
.
The kids auction is picking up steam. Just got a complete package from Stefan at Oceanworld today. I have to go to see Niko the commie to pick up the Cert to Ono's restaurant he got on our behalf also. We are way past last years mark already and picking up steam every day. Cool...
.
Go to: http://www.dominicankids.com and spend some money folks on stuff you will pay more for when you come to pay cash for when you are here! Comon, we are in the process of building a FREE dental clinic for poor kids, trying to get grants for education here and a whole lot more. We are getting things done. NO BLAH BLAH here guys, your money is going to good use for the kids here!
.
My freakin internet is down in my house. I am at Extreme Hotel to do this update and to respond to emails. The guy is supposedly coming today to fix it. What a pain without internet!
Good thing is that I forgot how good breakfast was here on kite beach and how beautiful it is to have breakfast on the beach.
.
A bunch of us (15) are having dinner tonight at Asiatico in Eddys Sports Bar tonight. Please feel free to join us. 7:30 PM we are meeting and I can't wait to eat on the new expanded Thai and Oriental menu! So if you have no plans tonight and would like to join a bunch of expats and seasoned visitors for a great meal and company please just show up. I already made Dori aware we were bringing a group and I like putting his head in the pot when we all show up at the same time:) Last time I didn't even tell him and we had 14 people about 2 weeks ago. He handled it with ease!
.
Ok folks need to finish reading tons of email and take care of some business.
Hasta Pronto!
Escott

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really good to hear that things have been going well for Dawn. Please tell her that I look forward to seeing her again, and that I fought with my life to save her Merlot from the folks who showed up at the BB-Q and wanted to drink it.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, I just saw your comment now. Thank you so much, JQ. Is your name really jackquixote?

I hope and pray you sustained only minor injuries in the fight. It's heartening to know there are still knights in shining armor around to fight the important battles.

Can't wait for the wine tasting. :)