Sunday, March 26, 2006

Restaurant Reviews

For some reason I am unable to upload pics today. Probably something wrong on Blogspot. . A bunch of us got together last night and had dinner at Asiatico in Eddys Sports Bar last night. I usually have spicy hot Thai food as a preference and I just told Dori to feed me. . I had a good soup with Shrimp and it was good. Main dish was Tuna sesame terriyaki (at least that's what I think I had) with some vegatable spiced rice which was out of this world. Also on the plate was a spicy Papaya Salsa that was out of this world and Broccoli which was great. . Everyone I spoke to at the table enjoyed the meal and one person told me that it was the best meal they had in the Dominican Republic in the 5 years they have been coming here.. The also sent me a email the day before and I am going to post it here also. It is a critique of another restaurant that I don't bother with nor have I for quite some time but figured it would be enjoyable for you all to read for obvious reasons. . These are people that live and work in New York and are both professionals in different fields! . --------------------------------------- "Excellent! Good seeing you yesterday. Nothing like living the "Dominican" dream. We went to Rocky's last night and I have to say that I was surprisingly disappointed in the quality of the food. We ordered some buffalo wings that were more like pidgeon wings. The ribs weren't that much better either. Then to top it off, we had some weird dude sit at our table uninvited (I think he was Canadian) who thought he knew everything there is to know about the area. His dream is to open a restaurant and get by on $300 per day. I think he wanted to solicit us for something but I gave him the ole NY'er snarl. Other than that, just your typical group of expats sharing some beers and playing poker. Boy does that place need updating. " . -------------------------------------- I couldn't make this crap up if I wanted to. I am just not talented enough. I am saving the email on my computer to show to anyone that cares to read it at any time just in case there is doubt. . The donations are coming in every day for goods and services for the kids auction online. Please check back regularly to see all the new stuff that is coming in! . Http://www.dominicankids.com . Helmut made a comment to me via email a week ago saying that we arent getting enough bids. I went back to the last auction advertised on DR1 to research this. There were very few DR1'rs that took part the last time that aren't taking part now. We have as many bidders as we did last time and are way ahead of where we were using DR1. I did go back and email the people that were active in the last auction that hadn't been active this time and they have showed up and started bidding on things. Thanks guys, all you needed was to be made aware of what we are doing and you jumped in. . Just so you know we ARE on track to go ahead of the last benefit and am confident that we will raise more money without having to deal with the BS of Robert trying to direct the money to the reefs instead of to benefit the kids. Well easier for me because I told him NO WAY and now poor pasty white boy is mad at me and taken me off his Christmas Card list! LOL I Hate any holidays anyway and don't even celebrate my birthday so I guess I can live with out his BS:) .
I got just today Dinner for 2 at Onnos on Cabarete Beach with 4 drinks, 2 nights for 2 people including breakfast at Field of Dreams Hotel in Puerto Plata and more coming in every day.
.
One person has a dentist living here interested in doing stuff for FREE and is turning me on to him. Things are moving right along and it looks as we are going to be doing a lot more than we planned on very soon.
Hasta Pronto!

No comments: