Monday, March 27, 2006

This is Sarai who is a doll. I met her a few years ago when her father delivered a generator for me. He heard me speaking English and like a lot of Dominican fathers took her to deliver it with him at 8pm at night.

.

When I was in Florida with Dawn we picked up a inexpensive digital camera for her. She has an old computer and can put the pics on the computer. Can't wait to give her the camera and I was waiting for Dawn to return from the states so we could give it to her. Hopefully she will get it this week.

.

Things are picking up at the kids auction. It appears that we are on our way to raising more money than we did last time and are way ahead already than we were with 3 weeks to go over Thanksgiving. We just got a complete package like last time from Ocean World, dinner at Ono's and 2 nights for 2 plus breakfast at Field of Dreams in Puerto Plata.

.

I got this email this morning from a friend of friends. I am going to post this here just to show you that many more things are going on other than the online auction.

-------------------------\

Thanks for the reference, Bill. Scott, I would be more than willing to work in your clinic on any of my numerous trips to POP. I am dentist in Springfield, Ill and my practice is limited to prosthetics and head and facial pain. However, I have much experience in Oral Surgery, pedodontics, endodontics, and other general dental procedures. If you are interested, please contact me at

------------------------\

Of course I responded and asked for help. Good things are happening just about every day.

.

Here is another email I received today.

----------------------\

I was wondering about 2 things. First, what one single item from Canada could I bring to donate(one item that is affordable here yet people will overbid for there). I was thinking tins of Quality Street or Maple Syrup or something. Second... Airline Stewardesses and their unions pick charities to collect for in flight. Have you thought of approaching them?

----------------------\

These are the kinds of things that are going on. I asked this person to look into this for us and hopefully will recruit more help to the good work we are trying to accomplish.

.

Hasta Pronto!

1 comment:

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Good people make the world go round.

God bless you more.