Saturday, April 01, 2006

This first georgous gal is Disnalda. Dawn collected her to go to Taco Tuesday. She of course loves the cellular phone she picked up.
.
Everytime Dawn takes her to Taco Tuesday it makes my heart feel good! It is such a pleasure to see her lovely face every time I don't know how to explain it.
.
I am sitting at Extreme Hotel Bar on the beach having a beer and and internet looking at the beach and I just saw a person on a horse behind two saddled horses heading back to probably Gipsey Horse Ranch. I am wondering what happened to the people that were on the horses? Perhaps they only wanted a one way ride:) Actually I saw a couple of people and one had a bad seat. That means she didn't know how to ride and was bouncing high and low on the saddle. Perhaps she had enough and her male companion figured if he wanted a piece later he should give up the ride?:) LOL
This other little girl was also at Taco Tuesday and I took this picture there. She had the "Deer in the Headlights" look and I think she will never outgrow that! LOL She was a cutie though and I enjoyed photographing her. Almost looks like a carnival doll! Cute as a button!
.
Dawn and I went to Sun Village for a Bbq this morning. You wont believe who was performing there when we got there. Teddy Reider of Teddy's Island Bbq! They were raising money for a orphanage in Puerto Plata and he was signing his books for people if they donated 100 US dollars. I was trying to convince Dawn to go up there with $200- bucks in cash if he promised not to do anymore radio Ads and she said yes. They closed the show as I was digging the $200- bucks out and she said "Saved by the Bell" which was a true story because I was as serious as a heart attack in my offer. The most obnoxious commercials I ever heard in my life. However he was raising money for a orphanage and how bad can the guy be? Check out Teddy's Island Barbaque in Confresi right on the beach when you are there. If you eat one of his "Ludicrous Burgers" I will shoot your dumb ass dead. Man my arteries hardend when I hear the description of that crap!
.
I think I am going to buy a restaurant and make a Diner out of it. Dawn and I were talking about a name on the way up to Confresi today. So let me ask you a question, do you think that this name will work?
.
Jehova's Diner
Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner
Please, Don't make us Come to YOU!
.
Will I get a reaction to this like I got from AZB when I posted the Prophets
Cartoons or will people appreciate the Humor? I won't be operating the restaurant just owning the Property but hey, I want imput on this ya know! Give me some feedback on this.
.
When I lived in New York I had a home and a guest cottage on top of a mountain on 75 Acres. Would you believe I had Jehova's Witnesses at my door on Sunday mornings when I was sleeping? No joke, it was almost like a very Dominican thing. When you thought you have seen it all YOU GET TO SEE IT ALL AGAIN!
.
Ok, so my humor is different and I march to the beat of a different Drummer. However, if you can't have fun in life, is it worth living?
.
The kids auction is going great! Someone bid $200 US Dollars for Escotts famous North Coast Tour. That is not high enough as this tour is a world class tour that offers an insiders beat to the North Coast of the Dominican Republic. Get in there and bid higher!
.
Just so you know we are doing much better than when it was up on DR1, both in the Auction Items and the bids. We only got bids from a very few people on DR1 and NOT one item was courtesy of DR1 other than two directory pages. Hey, now that we are talking about that can someone ask Robert why he hasn't donated 2 more for this event? Bound to get your asses thrown off of DR1 so do that at your own risk, fair warning~! Man I crack myself up! Robert did actually help for the last auction! He sponsored the forum that had the bids and he collected the money which I can assure you was a tiresome job. .
He just got upset when I said that the money raised "For the Kids" didnt go to the reefs. I can't help that. When I promote something to benefit the Poor kids of the North Coast of the Dominican Republic I can't sit by when he brings a "Reef Guy" to the first meeting about how to use the funds like it was a done deal. I consulted many people who supported the cause and they agreed with me and my take on this and I have since gotten a GREAT RESPONSE to the opening of a free dental clinic to benefit poor children living on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic. This is why this second fund raiser is more successful in advance. You people like what we are doing and the direction we are going and I thank you for your support.
.
We have a great group of people working on this. Carina from PocoLoco web design is doing a great job running the website and there are many people taking part in the aquiring of goods and service to auction off and people are bidding like crazy!
.
Get involved folks if you aren't already. This is a very rewarding project and will only get more so! Many things in the wind such as someone writing a grant for a Mobile Dental Clinic and Grant for teaching science in the schools here! More than that and I will speak about them as they come to fruition!
.
Ok, I am exhausted from the day and writing this blog. Try to think about how you can help us help the kids on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic~!
Hasta Pronto!
.
.
Get on here and post a bid!
.
Hasta Pronto!

No comments: