Friday, March 03, 2006

You don't know JACK!

This picture is of Dawn putting down some pictures on a table next to a sculpture of a horse that she had been previously commissioned to do that was a gold medal winner in the Olympics in the house of the person that rode her in Athens.
.
When we were in Florida we ran into him giving a lesson to another rider and he told us to stop over at his house and have a look at where he placed the sculpture which he held in such high regard. This piece is the centerpiece of his Living Room in one of the most comfortable homes you can imagine, right next to the show grounds in Wellington.
.
Last night my buddy Jackie Quontree came to town to share a meal at Dori's Restaurant in Sosua. Jackie had the ribs and I had a Thai Sesame Chicken Salad which was fantastic as usual. After we had dinner we stopped at my house to pick up a few things I brought back for Jack from the states when Dawn called.
.
Dawn is becoming a marketing maniac for her own work lately and informed me that someone from Saudi Arabia purchased one of her limited edition pieces that sold for sold for over 5 grand. More great news from a very successful business trip to the states for Dawn and I was happy to hear it.
.
She is probably following the guy around the Horse Show as we speak to try and convince him to commission her to do a sculpture of a lifesize horse for his country:)
.
After we got off the phone with Dawn Jackie decides to NOT go back to Puerto Plata and to stay in Sosua for some male bonding. I bet you think Jackie and I were doing the bonding but let me tell you a funny story. .
We went to a corner bar by the name of Plutos where I like hanging out. We sit and order a few beers and chat away for about an hour. A couple of guys come over and one guy tells me that he is friends with Ian (Tamborista) and just wanted to introduce himself and say hi.
.
Well before you know it the other guy who happened to be British was kissing Jackie and I was laughing so hard my eyes were tearing and I had to get a napkin to wipe them off in order to see out of them. In our conversation which included a lot of banter I told the guy that we owed the UK a lot for providing gay people in this world and we were laughing and having a good time. Before you knew it he was kissing Jackie and Jackie was telling him that I was right in the statement previously stated:)
.
It was all in good fun and Jackie and I said our goodbyes and went down the road to say hello to Lou and hang out at the Shark bar which is having its pre opening Opening. Louie had a bunch of friends in and he cooked food for them so I even got to eat a second meal last night. Grilled chicken, Baked Ziti and some Sausage N Onions. I needed to eat again at 11:30 to soak up some of the Alcohol that Jackie was forcefeeding me. Let me tell you something folks in case you don't already know it. "NEVER TRY AND GO DRINKING WITH AN INDIAN". You simply can't keep up and they never even stumble even after drinking 20 drinks and 15 beers. It just don't work and you can never win. I learned my lesson last night. I am going to have to knock on his legs next time I see him to see which one is hollow.
.
It is now before 9am and I am up and living. What I can't believe is that I had beer and scotch last night and don't suffer any hangover at all. Yesterday I had a doosey which is leading me to believe that it was a travel induced headache instead of a hangover! I am simply not a good traveler I guess.
.
Today I need to go to Puerto Plata to see my buddy Alberto to get some business done. Maybe I will give Carina a call and recruit her to help me find a piece of property in Puerto Plata I am looking for. I am looking for a warehouse or commercial space with a garage door to purchase. I want to make this a living loft type space right in the middle of the city. I want to be able to drive my car in via Automatic Garage Door opener and renovate the place to an open loft living space.
. I know to some this sounds weird but it is a project I have been wanting to do and heck I may as well get it done sooner than later! Perhaps I will buy some cheap wine and dig up Jackie to hang out with me in Central Park in Puerto Plata tonight. I have always admired the winos that hang out in parks. Must be nice to hang out in a well landscaped place and doing some social drinking. I look forward to this. Maybe I can con Jackie out of the bottle of wine he brought back for Dawn for this project!
.
I am waiting for my maid to arrive so I can let her in. She will put up a pot of coffee and serve it to me in bed and then I will get into a hot shower and begin my day. Could be worse ya know!
.
Have a great day. I will be soon off to the races!
.
Hasta Pronto!

PS> Yesterday I made $2.01 from the Google Adsense. You guys need to click more both for the great links to Dominican related sites and also to buy my breakfast. Things are more expensive here these days and 2 bux don't do breakfast anymore!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear the trip to Florida was a success and you had a great time. Just so you know, for the last 4 years I've got a picture of that Aston Martin Vanquish, dreaming of driving it someday then you show up with it ... really POed me man :)

BTW, I clicked on all the links today, so you can at least have a decent breakfast.

Take care,
Shad.

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ, if your going to tell the story, at least tell the whole story and tell it correctly. Next time I'm going to have to be careful about where you take me. I've begged you to take me to a place with beautiful women, and you take me to a place........oh hell, never mind. LOL.

Escott said...

Jackie, Jackie, I did take you to a place with beautiful women. You spoke to and kissed the hands of many. They even liked you to my chagrin.

Seemed that the only one I saw you kissing was, ah, nevermind! I will let Carina tell that story.

Sometimes the stories I experience with you are better than the ones I can make up as is the case this time. You just cant make some of this stuff up it is so RICH! I don't have that kind of creativity.

I am going to get a picture of the British guy to post for everyone to see. He is still here pining for you! LOL

Escottiscrackingupagainthinkingaboutthatnight

Anonymous said...

You just are not right. I guess that'll be my epitaph:

"Jackquontee goes to the DR looking for a woman, and ends up with A British Bulldog"

I know next time not to hang at Ploooooto.

I sent the info on the Jeep, so you can look for it in e-mail. See ya soon.

Escott said...

Jeep, what Jeep, we were talking about your bulldog!Sick em big guy!
LOL