Monday, April 24, 2006

Do you like Spicy food?

If you like real Thai food you would resemble this picture:) Man I love hot food and I always challange Dori to light me up when I eat at his restaurant! Anyone else out there love their food hot enough that you can taste it both entering and leaving? LOL . Alberto from Anoeca the finance house in Puerto Plata stopped by the restaurant I am renovating tonight and gave me a great suggestion regarding signage outside which I am going to use. I picked up this clay tile for decorating the lower exterior wall of the restaurant and he suggested doing a sign on the wall in broken tile which I love! Going to get that done! I was previously going to frame it in the clay tile but now I am not only going to frame it but going to do it in the broken tile. . Alberto is the kind of guy that really enriches your life. He over the years has been a wealth of information to me and has taught me so much about the country I live in. I hope our friendship continues forever! . Wednesday I have the upper bar being finished in Smoked glass on the outside and Mirrors on the inside. Great way to display liquors, wines and beers! I will have lights installed also so it will be an easy way to see what you want to order. . I got my block delivered today to build my short wall which will be the entrance to the service area to a private air conditioned dining room. Hopefully my storefront gets delivered and installed this week. I am going replace the tile with a new and more modern tile in this area that will be under air. Have to get the store front in before I can get that done. . Today they started grouting the Stone with the crushed granite and will be finished by thursday. Need to get that guy out of the place so I can get my other work done. It is all coming together and I am getting excited seeing it all come together. I am getting a great reaction from the folks that have been coming in to see what I am doing. One of the best compliments came from Camden Tom when he said he was jealous and another from Jackie Quontee who wanted to invest. Nice to know others seem to like what I am doing. . There is a 4th of July Bbq at Lou's NY Shark Bar and I will post the info when I find it again. Beats the hell out of the other choices. All you can eat and you don't have to cook the crap yourself! HEH... . Tomorrow is Taco Tuesday. I hope I am not too tired to go this week and I am looking forward to it! I miss those guys when I didn't go last week. . Hope your night is a good one! . Hasta Pronto!
PS> Don't forget to click to buy me breakfast! Man I am hungry tomorrow! LOL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott

Where abouts in Sosua is the NY Shark Bar? I am fairly familiar with Sosua however not great with street names :-).....if you could tell me with reference to buildings/points of interest that would be great!

I will be arriving around the time you are planning on opening your restaurant/bar.....in ~ 6 wks ....looking forward to coming and taking a peek - sounds like it's coming along nicely.

Bert said...

Good luck in your new venture, I am certain that it will be a great success. Busy here in the UK getting this new contract launched.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

hello scot...

nice to read your doing good....
and think it will look great..
but you know....
WE WANT MORE PICTURES>>>>

greetings pascal....

you think of me when rebuilding it all....so i can get it to??

Anonymous said...

What no pictures of the contruction?

What's the odds that it will be open at the end of May?

Edd

Escott said...

Right across the street from Harrisons Jewelers you will find the NY Shark Bar!

Bert... You going to be talking funny when you return?

Pascal... Already have a ramp althought a bit steep. Let me know when you get to town and I will hire two haitians to carry your butt around! LOL

Edd... I can only hope!