Saturday, April 08, 2006

Mango Larry Y Motor City Mike come to town

The fellow on the left is Mango Larry. We use to be neighbors in the US and hung out together there on many occassions when we were both in town. At that point in my life I was getting ready to pull the trigger and move here to the Dominican Republic so we had limited times hanging out but always felt that he was a good friend! . The fellow on the right is Motor City Mike. He comes from the Detroit area and visits this place often. About 2 years ago he stayed in one of my condos. I almost didn't rent to him because both him and his wife smoked but he assured me that they would only smoke outside. . Well today both him and his wife have stopped smoking and he said I was a piece of the reasons that they quit. Now I don't know if he was shining me on but if I had anything to do with this I am a happy guy. We usually hang out when he is in town and he is a great guy. Glad he is now going to be a healthy guy. . Mike brought down a wireless router for me and I went and grabbed it up this evening. I then took Mike on the Escott's Famous Finca tour. I think that Mike enjoyed it although it was getting dark by the time we finished. .
When I got the call that Mike was ready to hand over my router I was on the phone with my buddy Jackie Quontree. He called me from Connecticut on my NY number. Man I love my Vonage Phone. My friends can call me and chat till there is nothing left to chat about without any worries of the rates of the international calls. Get the Vonage folks, it is the cats arse!
.
Jackie gets to town on Tuesday. Man it is always great to hang out with Jackie and I can't wait to spend some time with him. He promised me that he wasn't going to wear his "Break Dancing" outfit anymore:) He went out and bought some clothes because i busted his butt last time he was in town wearing the Shorts that came down to his ankles. I took one look at the guy and I asked "when do you start the breakdance"? Ah poor Jackie! No more Break Dancing for him!
.
I am still trying to convince this Indian to hang out in Central Park with me one night in Puerto Plata with a Jug of Wine. Jackie needs to figure out how to relax and just hang with his homies! Perhaps this will be the time. I bet even Carina will join us. Hell I know that Motor City Mike would be down for this. How about it guys. Lets get a few jugs of wine and spend the evening in the park one night! Learn how to live LARGE for once!
. This is one of the lovely sisters that work at Pluto's Bar in the picture above. Just a sweet nice gal who always has a pretty smile on her face. Not too hard to look at either! Stop into Plutos when you are in town. Pleasant place and always a pleasant smile awaits you! . Today I got a lovely email from a Dominican living in the States. She/He read this blog and was taken with the fundraising we are doing on http://www.dominicankids.com It was one of the sweetest emails I have received in a while so I am going to post it here so you can see it also. I hope that it isn't a problem so I will leave out the name and personal info just in case.
.
Start email:
Scott. I can't describe in words how great it makes me feel to seethat there are still people like you in this word. I was born in asmall town in the north of the Dominican Republic about an hour awayfrom Gaspar Hernandez it is called Tenares maybe you heard of it.Although i can't say I was a rich child, my family did their best toprovide me with food and some education. Today thanks to the deploredeconomic situation in the DR, I live in the United States but my heartstays with the people in my country specially those in need of suchbasic services as food, running water, electricity and health care. Iwill provide a small contribution using paypal (school let me kind ofbroke) but will definitely share this with all my friends and with theadministrators of various blogs directories I know. I will linkdominicankids.com to my page and will ask my friends to do the same.Thanks in the name of all Dominicans for the work you are doing for this cause
.
End Email:
.
I will post a link to his/her blog. It is in Spanish so if you don't read and understand you may not want to go there. http://www.blogico.net
.
With these types of people joining the effort along with everyone else who are helping out to help the children of the North Coast via http://www.dominicankids.com I can't see how we can be anything less than a complete success!
.
Remember folks, dinner is at 2pm on the 16th of April at Eddys Sports Bar. Great meal for 399 Pesos and 74 of them there pesos goes to the kids. Great meal, great company and we get to do some good for others that are not as fortunate as we are!!
.
I have a closing on Monday at 4pm and if all goes as expected I have some exciting stuff to share with you all about a new project for me.
.
I have to catch up on the blog since I have been busy with other things so you may get a few bits at once.
.
Hasta Pronto!

No comments: