Saturday, July 08, 2006

New Bartender for the Evenings

I finally got rid of our evening bartender. Man she was the worst. When I had to go behind the bar when the place was busy she even would get in my way more often than not. If I needed to ring up the register she stood in front of it and I had move her away every freakin time. I shouldn't have hired her to begin with. When I was in the restaurant before I took it over she would NOT give me change assuming it was a tip which it would have been but I don't like when people take anything for granted. I was just very needy of help at the time when I did hire her. Big mistake but rectified now. . Dominique started yesterday at 4 pm. I am usually not in the restaurant at 4 pm but taking my siesta. I came in to train her. Man it didn't take much. She is not only good looking but works on her own. The other I had to tell her to wipe the bar down and to do everything every day. Yahoooo, finally got rid of the dead wood. Only reason I hired her was her boyfriend made an appeal to me privately in email. When he was in town her mother got real sick and she took off from work:) Man some of these people think the rest of the world is completely stupid. . This gal kept guys in the bar all night. I thought a couple of guys had their arses glued to the seats:) . Day by day things are getting better here. Business is holding up even after the 4th of July Holiday travelers returned to where they came. More people are arriving daily to Sosua. . Stop in and say hi to Dominique when you are in town.

No comments: