Sunday, July 02, 2006

Good morning world from QuiXote's Restaurant located by the beach in Sunny Beautiful Sosua, Dominican Republic. . These are pictures of folks having dinner here last night. Yesterday was a busy day ALL DAY and it was probably one of the top 5 days of all time here. Great people and friends both old and new coming though all day long. Some folks have had 2-3 meals a day here for many days already. . The first picture started out as 4 or 5 people and grew to about 11 or 12 before the seating was finished. Good friends here for good food and good talk. . What I like most is that everyone in these pictures do NOT stay in the hotel but come here to eat and hang out. I am shooting for a only 1 out of every 3 customers here to come from the hotel or less. That is the way it is working although this morning it was mostly hotel people. . People are even asking to get their pictures taken for here now and I am happy to do this. . The picture of the light fixture is one of 6 that was custom made to look like a suit of armour. People who look at the fixtures actually think I disassembled a old suit to make the fixtures instead of it being made from scratch by an artisan who lives locally. . Last night I closed at midnight and was busy the total day. This morning for the first time I woke up late. I have an internal clock that has never failed but but it did fail me my shower this morning. I am usually up early enough to get some reading in before coming to work but alas that wasn't to happen today. Perhaps it is because I went to Lou's Sharkbar after closing and hung out with the people that were here earlier. I thoroughly enjoyed myself yesterday and last night albeit I paid for it a little. After my mid day siesta I will be recovered I hope! .
It is 12pm and have a half dozen people eating now. This is usually the slow time of the day for us and the time I take off for my pool and bed. Heck I am here from before 8 am till midnight and you can't do it all. . We are going to be closed tomorrow. No doubt a lot of unhappy folks who will have to go other places for food. Still need the one day to regenerate to be able come back and fight another day. . Hasta Pronto!

No comments: