Thursday, August 24, 2006

I just got this email from one of the guys here for a party because one of the 11 was getting married.
.
"Hey, Scott hope things are great with you. Oh, man!!! what a great time we had we can't stop talking about it. Scott thanks for everything. "I shall return".
.
This is one of the 4 guys I put a picture of last week. 11 guys and everyone a great guy both together with the gang and individually. The father of the Groom was here also and man what a GENTLEMAN! These are the customers that make being in a Restaurant/Bar business worthwhile. My good friends who I have had for a long time when in town I would be hanging out with them regardless if it was in my place or someone elses. It is meeting strangers who are great people that make me enjoy this place.
.
I have a few guys here now who were here the first day I opened the restaurant. Tony Tequilla and his cousin Paul. These guys were laughing their asses off at me when I first opened with raw light bulbs (NOT ONE LIGHT FIXTURE) and not one employee working the floor except for myself.
.
They still talk about me being crazed when we were busy one day and the owner of the hotel came in to ask that one of the cooks move his motorbike out of the middle of the circular driveway. I wanted to fire that guy on the spot. (Would have if we weren't so busy and having no replacement) I couldn't believe how stupid a guy could be.
.
It is great to have these guys back in town. Hell Tony Tequilla ran me out of 2.5 bottles of Patron in just one evening. He thought he could bust me but I still have 2 in stock:) Actually a Friend Ben brought one just in time after Tony dented me that one night.
.
Today I pick up Herman from the Airport. It has been a while since Herman has been here. He is going to be staying at my condo for the last few days that he is in town because his villa is rented and there was even a conflict with him staying in his own condo because that was rented! .
Starting today this town is going to ROCK. By Saturday you won't get a room here at all. I am looking forward to it! We were busy as hell last week and faded on Tuesday. We close Wednesday now because it is the slowest day of the week this time of the year but Thursdays gets crazy as all the people come into town every week.
.
I should reread this blog year after year to see what business is going to be like. What a great resourse of the history of business in Sosua it will be for me.
.
Today I pick Herman up and Tomorrow I pick Herbert. Everyday I have friends coming into town for the next 10 days and how I look forward to it!
.
Ok, guys, you know who you are, the ones that haven't been here for a while, email me and let me know your plans!
.
This week I added Ketel One, Remy XO, Grey Gooses L'orange and a couple of others to the list. I hopefully will be adding others in the next few days. Thank goodness I expanded the liquor display JUST IN TIME!
Hasta Pronto!

No comments: