Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Elvis Spotted in Sosua

Elvis has been living up on the Finca now for a week and man has he grown in just one short week. When Maria and I drove up to the finca and parked he was on the other side of the finca and this is what he looks like going somewhere in a hurry after we called him:)
Man I get the chills just looking at this 10 week old German Shepherd. He is perfect in structure and moves with grace and ease. I plan on showing him in Dog shows here in the DR and maybe finishing him and getting him his Dominican Republic Championship in the show ring. I have enquired but don't know if they have obedience trials here which he will be better suited for since I plan on training him to be a working dog. Here he is at ease after we have hung out for a hour or so. At first he can't get enough of us and demands attention. Today I bought a brush for him and went back late afternoon to brush him. He looked like he go sprayed by a porcupine he had so much crap all over him. I got most of it out but I need to do this every day in order to get and keep him real spiffy. When he saw Maria he was beside himself and couldn't give her enough greetings. That is the puppy in him and that is why he is at the finca now when I didn't plan to bring him up until he was a bit older. He refused to be left alone in the Condo and cried like a little baby. I also needed a break with my sprained ankle which was difficult handling a puppy with such a sore foot. So my gentleman farm country home is starting to come completely together. I have a German Shepherd to herd my goats and sheep. I have 21 goats and now 3 sheep with many pregnant. By the end of the year I should be over 30 animals. My crops are doing great and I eat off the finca every day. Today I brought back ochra, tomatoes, yuca, peanuts and squash. This is what life is all about. One day I will be living on the finca and probably only venture off when I need something.
Hasta Pronto!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you? Come back we miss you.

Anonymous said...

there's a training place in one of the campos in cabrera. it's a french guy names sebastian... the campo is laguna honda - enter in through la catalina and anyone can tell you where he is. he's a nice guy and can probably tell you about training and shows.

Escott said...

Hi Melanie,

I have already heard of this guy and will visit with him when I am moved which got pushed back since my dad passed away a week and a half ago.

I use to have one of the largest German Shepherd kennels in the US and trained dogs for many Police Departments. My stock was all German and E. German imports consisting of International Champs and Sheps with SchIII and FH degrees.

Not having been to a show here and not knowing what they look for here this pup is a great specimen of what the German Shepherd was bred for and I would maybe like to show him. Training I have under control:)

I have also had dogs at Westminister and have finished champions.

I look forward to seeing this fellow kennels and maybe having someone to train with. I am a great agitator so if he does protection work it would be good for him also.

I have some property on a cliff circa de La Catalina.

Thanks for the comment.

Escott