Monday, June 02, 2008

Mary(a) had a little lamb

This is the first lamb born on the finca. This stunning guy is 1 day old and have very unusual coloring. Notice he is white and tan with a black bellie and legs. Unusual markings on his face also. Leads me to believe that it is possible the father is unknown. He looks a little like bad piece and a little like Kevin. Hmmm, I have to check on this! LOL
I have had sheep for about 2 years and now have the first baby. When I first got the mother she was very little and the male I bought at the same time died 2 months after he was at the farm and I didn't get a new guy until I moved to the new finca. I was expecting 2 but only had one. Worse than that he is a boy and not a girl to reproduce. I will have to go out and buy a couple of more gals to increase my flock. Hopefully I have enough mothers between the sheep and the goats to have babies every month. I know I have at least 5 goats pregnant now so hopefully we will be in babies all the time now. This is Maria or Mary(a) with the baby. You can see other small goats in the background.
.
Ok guys lets hear all the sheep jokes you can come up with! Perhaps I HAVE'NT heard them all already:)
LOL .
Hasta Pronto!

No comments: