Saturday, May 31, 2008

Takin a picture of the picture taker

If you have been downtown Sosua and seen a guy with a camera taking pictures and developing them with a small printer on the spot this is the guy. He always lets me take his picture which I do everytime I see him. I love taking pictures of the picture taker:)
My ankle is repairing from a sprain and I am now without cast, portable cast, ace bandage, crutches and cane. It still hurts after a few minutes and swells but it is getting better and better every day.
.
Elvis my new German Shepherd is doing great. He is up at the farm now and really enjoying himself. He torments the goats and when I went to feed them he tormented them more, so much so I had to pick him up and move him away from a nervous one so she could eat her Yuca top.
.
Last night I ate some fried Batata and Sausage I picked up at the butcher along with some squash. The batata and squash was from the farm and delicious!
.
Each day I take more and more home. In a few weeks I will have to sell my yuca crop. I have eaten some of it already and it is sweet as can be. I will make a few bucks on this for the first time. .
It is starting to rain occassionally instead of drought then flood. Way better for me up at the farm. It is also starting to get hot.
.
My sheep is going to give birth very soon and I have about 5 goats pregnant. My family is growing. I had a goat born 6 weeks ago and he is as big as a 6-7 month old and growing like crazy. Problem is that this guy is going to be agressive and is bravo already. Hope he doesn't get out of control or he goes to the butcher. He is a pretty guy and I would like to keep him for stud.
.
Hasta Pronto!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn !!! Wish we were there to taste some of the goodies we saw growing at the finca !!!

B & L