Friday, January 09, 2009

Elvis in da house

This fine lad is Elvis. He is a German Shepherd I bought as a pup and if you go back in the blog you will see this guy as a little person. He is actually still a little person at under 8 months old but he is healthy and strong. He was living on my farm in Sosua working with goats and sheep till about 3 weeks ago when I brought him up to Cabrera to protect the house. I had been hearing a lot of stories of robberies before Christmas when things get a bit crazy here in the DR with crime. Haven't heard a thing since and haven't had a problem.
The fellow I bought this guy from also owns the father and mother. The father just finished his Dominican Championship. I plan on showing Elvis as I think he will also do very well in the show ring. I know he is a great specimen because he can run down a sheep in 2 minutes and since this is what they were bred for he must move very well to do it so fast. Movement and looks is what they are judged on so he has both. He is about 70 lbs now although he lost some shape since coming over from the farm and no long works other than protecting the house.
Man the more I look at him the more I like him as a good specimen of the German Shepherd Dog (in Spanish "Pasteur Aleman".
It will be exciting to see what he looks at in 1 year. That's when he will be full grown.
Hasta Pronto!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics, Elvis doesn't look like a puppy anymore.