Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Ok folks I am back!~

First I would like to wish everyone a very very happy and healthy New Year!
I laid off the blog for several reasons. First my dad died in October which was right in the middle of me moving to Cabrera but I was in NY for 10 days trying to sort things out after the funeral.
I then moved to Cabrera which was a big chore since I didn't actually move much other than personal stuff because I continue to own and rent my condos in Sosua so it was decorating, furnishing and finishing the home as well.
My dad died just before his 93rd birthday. He wasn't taking any medications, was driving and working up until the day he died. He lived a great life and a very interesting life and rejoiced in it totally. He died the perfect death which to me was rapidly without pain, without laying in a hospital bed and happy as a lark.
I spoke with him the night before he died. He had dinner with my sister at friends of theirs and he was elated he didn't have to cook or clean:) He was a pisser up until the final day may he rest in peace!
I have no bad feelings about him nor his death. After my mother passed away about 8 years ago I had a lot of personal time with my dad. He told me then he was going to go quickly and not spend one day in a hospital. My mother spent 6 months in one before her death. We bought and paid for his funeral before my mother passed when we bought and paid for hers. We also did estate planning so there was no big deal other than his car at his death. Well planned for many years and no problems generally associated with this type of thing others worry about.
I have now fully moved in to the new home in Cabrera, have had my first Christmas/New Years holiday here and love the place. As you can see I am now not blogging from Sosualand anymore and have changed the introduction to the blog.
No pictures today but they will follow shortly in the next installments. If you are still reading this give a comment please! Hasta Pronto!

6 comments:

Dapper_Don said...

nice to hear things worked out with the estate planning, and sorry about your dad. Hope all is well, and I look forward to your next blog updates.

Carina said...

Hi there, welcome back and thankyou for the lovely story about your father. I´ve been following your blog for a while, looking att all the beautifull pictures of your garden and getting inspired. Looking forward to see more of it.
Warm wiches
Carina

Anonymous said...

Please accept my sympathies on your dad. But also good for celebrating his life. It sounds like a good, full and long one.

Meanwhile, I work promoting tourism to the DR. You should try waterfall cascading at the 27 waterfalls of Damajajua. Iguana Mama is an outfitter in Caberete who can take you on all 27 falls. It was an experience of a lifetime for me. I took 3 members of the U.S. media with me and one of them actually cried from the emotional experience.

Cheers! - Nessamarie

Anonymous said...

Nice sweet entry.

Did Maria write it?

Unknown said...

Still Checking in once in a while to see if you've updated. Nice to see you have.

Unknown said...

Glad you are back. Enjoying your Elvis pics as I have finally got a dog - which was one of my goals in life :o)