Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Central Bank warns foreigners against swindling Santo Domingo.- The Central B ank alerted that “unscrupulous” persons are swindling foreigners, especially Europeans, by undertaking fraudulent real estate and shared vacation plans transactions, using the official Central Bank (Bancentral) and Finance Ministry logos, as well as falsifying official signatures. “These transactions are done utilizing false real estate and legal firms, by identifying on the Internet individuals interested in selling property and shared vacation options,” according to the Central Bank. See the link below for the rest of the story! http://www.dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=9642 Be very very careful about who you do business with here in every sort of transaction. Be very careful of both Dominicans and equally so with foreigners here. Don't even smile near some of these people because your gold fillings in your teeth may go missing and you won't even know it. Watch out folks it is a bit hairy here and this is not your fathers Oldsmobile! I will get the winery/distillery post up from Sunday as soon as I get to a computer with a USB port. Maybe tomorrow. Great time and great experience. Pictures to follow! Hasta Pronto!

6 comments:

Escott said...

My Toshiba also has a USB but I blew out my charger. I go to Florida and I will have a new one once I get there because I already paid for it and it is waiting for me.

Dawn goes to Montana on Thursday and my condo tenant moves on Thursday so I move my fat arse up to Dawns Penthouse, make some money and use her Dell Laptop to my hearts content!

Soon come my friend!

Escott

Bert said...

We just booked our trip arriving on the 19th at the casa marina. To bad you wont be there.

Anonymous said...

Where's the Taco Tuesday weekly entry?

Anonymous said...

No Posts since the swindle???
Have you given up?

Unknown said...

I was waiting to see Taco Tuesday pics also :0(

Escott said...

Ok guys, I have to make a confession. I didn't take my camera. I was between homes as mine was rented out and has been since before Christmas.

The greedy pig that I am have been staying in other places and again I am now up at Dawns Penthhouse keeping her plants watered:)

So... No Taco pics till Tuesday if I go:(

Escott is Esorry