Friday, July 28, 2006

Ice to Grass

Say hello to Doug. He just got accepted on a pro golf tour as a player. Really quite an athlete he is. Retired as a professional Hockey player and was partnered with great Bobby Orr before Orr's retirement. .
Now he is on a pro circuit and I wish him all the luck in the world! Doug and his wife Linda are building a house in Sosua and it should be ready in a few more months. I know I certainly can't wait till it is done and they start spending more time down here.
.
A friend of mine Dave got in from Atlanta yesterday and I picked him up at the Airport. He muled some booze down for me and just about as soon as I put it on the shelf I sold a shot of Don Julio which I had before but sold out of. After I sold a few shots of the other which was Macallan's 12 year old which I didn't have here before. Talking about "Just in Time inventory". We now I believe have the largest liquor selection bar none on the North Coast.
My dear friends who mule for me, I still need you because I want to double what I have so don't bail on me.:)
.
Dave is a very interesting guy who I enjoyed speaking with for most of the evening. He has traveled most of the world and I learned new things about Australia and even China I didn't know before. Nice getting enriched by people visiting Sosua! Dave is in the Cellular business and so was I many years ago so we have some business experiences in common although it feels like my info is more aged than his and in the Electronics business once you have been out of it one year let alone 7 years your knowledge is now history.
.
I went out again last night and although I didn't have it in me in desire or strenght to stay out to close the bars again I did go to a packed disco at 11:30 which was the first and only time I saw the disco with more than 6 people in it before 1 am. This new law may hurt some people but it now makes me a late night kind of guy without having to punish myself to do it.
.
Yesterday was a storming day in Sosua. Hard rain many times and ominous the other times. Today is slightly overcast but promises to have some sunshine which I want because I need to get my excercise in the pool today. A few neighbors have been playing volleyball lately and I have enjoyed it. Look forward to it today weather permitting.
.
Has a slow day or two in the beginning of the week but we have picked up again on Thursday as people packed into the hotel. I look forward to a busy weekend. Nice to have it as 3 more days to payday and electric etc..
.
Hasta Pronto!
PS> Tambo, they are putting a new roof on the pizza place

No comments: