Tuesday, July 25, 2006

As Arnold says.... "I'M BACK"

Well after spending 8 days in NY I returned on Wednesday home to Sosua, Dominican Republic.

.

Everything went well including a bump on Continental on my return. Problem is that they shipped my luggage on the day I was supposed to fly and when I retrieved it the landrones went shopping in my luggage clipping 2 bottles of booze and my cell phone that I use in the DR.

.

I have written to Continental a few times and called yesterday. I was on hold for about an hour while nothing went on and finally hung up. My first impression of Continental Airlines after a long hiatus using American to the DR is that their Customer service skills leave a lot to be desired. More on that as things happen. I am not letting them off the hook.

.

When I got back I went to work and almost fell asleep at 8pm but managed to keep my head up. On the following day I got kidnapped to go to eat on the beach in Cabarete with Dawn, Camden Tom, Mary, Doug and Linda. I thoroughly enjoyed myself but they made like I had agreed to this when I wouldnt have considered it on my own without speaking with Dori.

.

Anyhow I went and had a great time with great people. It is always a pleasure to hang out with Great folks. Doug and Linda are building a home in Panarama Village and Tom and Mary have a home on the beach in Cabarete along with making plans for their farm on El Choco Road to eventually live up there.

.

Last night we picknicked up on the Farm and also had a very delightful time.

.

Yesterday which was Monday we opened the Restaurant at the request of our customers staying in the Hotel from 9-1pm. We did a very brisk business and everyone was happy but me because I had to work of course:) We have a nice crowd at the hotel. For the most part not an idiot amoung them. Usually there are a group of people I would rather not have in the restaurant but when you are dealing with a full hotel that would be the case anywhere.

.

I overheard a conversation of three Black guys talking. One who is a NY Cop was telling a story about a Lieutenant who was rude to him and another guy says "HE WAS WHITE, RIGHT?" Well I smacked him on the shoulder and said "Watch it". Has the situation been reversed it would have been a horrible thing to say and I wanted to bring it to his attention that discrimination and generalization is bad for everyone. These are a bunch of nice polite guys who have been here before. If I didn't know them I wouldn't have said a word but I wanted to bring it to their attention. They got a chuckle out of it. I enjoy these guys and have the other times that they were here

.

It is a overcast cool morning in Sosua. I am watching the sky get darker and darker. It is GOING to rain although the sun was out on my way in at 7:30am. Good, we can always use the rain and the customers at the hotel which is pretty full will hang out in the Restaurant all day:)

.

Hey, I have to be there anyway so why not have some business in the slow time of year? LOL

.

Look for more blogging from me soon. I'M BACK!!!

Hasta Pronto!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you're back. I was checking your blog every day, starved for the next installment. You're habit forming. In fact, if FDA finds out about you they'll probably make you register as a controlled substance!