Saturday, January 12, 2008

Kids feel at home in New Finca

For those new to my blog these are pictures of my new finca located in the gated community of "Haciendas El Choco" in Sosua, Dominican Republic.
.
Below you will see some of my animals in their new Pasture. I stone walled it in and put barbed wire on top to keep them inside. If they ever got out and roamed the neighborhood my neighbors would hate me. Goats eat everything and the sheep would be almost impossible to catch and return here as they are very skiddish although getting a bit more comfortable with having people around them more now.
These are a few of my kids with their mother. I love having the kids here! They are always a whole lot of fun to watch. Soon I will always have kids around as I now have 5 females goats and one sheep and hopefully will add two more female sheep today. This guy above is my new boy sheep. A handsome looking lad he is. I hope he reproduces equal to himself! He has an interest in the goats in season for some reason but don't think the other guys are going to let him in their henhouse:) More of my goats above and they are doing just great here on the new finca. They are growing much faster and really seem to be enjoying their lives here. . Hasta Pronto!

No comments: