Thursday, January 10, 2008

Property Update

Well no pictures at this moment but the property is coming along great. I have my 4 Haitians working again now after their Holiday Vacation and my Gardener from my other finca is now here also since we moved the animals over before Christmas.
.
I found out that I had purchased about 1200 m2 more than I thought I had. There was some sort of land swap between the developer and the landowner before me I wasn't aware of and when my buddy Herbert was negotiating on the property next to mine I found out about it from the developer who owns half the lot that Herbert was interested in.
.
Since I had already fenced in the property I thought was mine I then fenced in the additional property and will purchase a couple of cows now to put there. I am also planting a special grass that grows amazingly. 4 inches a day. The cows I will be buying will be about 150 pounds each but when they get bigger they may consume as much as 60 pounds of feed a day which is impossible on 1200 m2 of land.
.
I now move the goats out of the pasture during the day to graze and mow my other grass. For the first hour or two they eat non stop and then lay down. I don't bother taking the Sheep out because they are freaky deaky and you cant grab ahold of them. Perhaps that will change when the sheep has babies because I plan on handling the children so she will probably have to warm up by then.
.
I am going to buy 2 more female sheep this week hopefully. I have one boy and don't need more so this works great for me. I would also like to purchase more female goats. I have two baby gals now so in a year they will be reproducing also. I have 3 females reproducing now and in a year 5 but I want more! When I have 10 female goats combined with 3 female sheep I will always have babies on the way or happening.
.
The prices of vegetables have gone through the roof. First becaus of Navidad and then because of the storms. This is also good for me. I have so much planted now it is unbelievable. I have 3 varieties of Tomatos, over 5000 Yuca plants, corn, beans, squash, melons, eggplant, sweet potato, chinola, toyota, cucumber, carrots, onions, oranges both sweet and juice, Limon, avocado, Mango, Cherries, Cashew, Juan Duli, Ocra, Spices, Aloe, limoncillo, Mallonnon , Grapefruit and more.
.
Perhaps I will sell off some stuff in a few months. Even I can't eat 5000 yuca planted at the same time.
.
Today and yesterday we cleaned up the front of the property. Took down the barbed wire moved all the plantings to the back of the property and so far planted an additional 95 plants for color and still not finished! It looks awesome and even the security guards are commenting.
.
Hasta Pronto!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yucca fritters Scott, yucca fritters. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, an extra 1200 m2. It sounds like a nice area to build a guesthouse. Hint. Hint.