Monday, April 14, 2008

Motorcycle ride LAST Sunday

Last Sunday a bunch of people bailed out of the motorcycle ride and I took this day which ended at noon with other people to take a trip that is longer than the others would have agreed to take. So after the last person finished at noon I headed out toward Luperon after a stop in Costambar. When I got to Luperon I hung a left along the cost on a road that was impassable the last time I was out there in my car and continued towards Nuevo Isabella where Columbus supposedly first stepped forth in the DR and the New World.
This is the beach there which I think had a view of Punta Rusia and I was going to head there but missed my turn. Punta Rusia is a real out of the way town way off the beaten track. There are NO titles to the land and only people trying to sell there are the cheap hustlers who are also foreigners. They are trying to sell properties that you may not ever own. Beautiful place and the prices are cheap but if you see a South African White woman trying to hustle you stay FAR away. This is the view from the beach to what I think is Punta Rucia on the other side of the bay. This is a picture of a river I was looking to cross and finally did about ten miles down the road. This country is so beautiful there is beauty everywhere you look and it is a classic picture 99% of the time. Hasta Pronto!

No comments: