Monday, April 14, 2008

New cistern, new Pasture

This is the start of the building of a 12000 gallon water holding tank. It doesn't look that big now but when I take the next picture tomorrow you will think completely different. I have a friend who has a 6000 gallon swimming pool. This is bigger. The pictures below are pictures of my new animal pasture. I didn't even think when I originally bought this place that this land was mine but alas it is mine so I since I had to fence again I made a separate pasture so I can rotate the animals so I don't destroy what I have. The first day I put the kids here for the evening they all had swelled stomachs the next morning. They all were HUGE. I commented to Danny who works here full time for years that my goat named Perro who was pregnant and eating like a horse would gain 500 pounds in one night:) You can see these guys are healthy and looking great. Everyones FAT:) This is only about a little over a quarter of an acre but the ability to put them here for nights for a week helps the other field recover. . Hasta Pronto!

No comments: