Sunday, January 08, 2006

Food and fun in Cabareteland

Folks, this person is the infamous Tamborista otherwise known as Ian. We are neighbors for 3 weeks as he is staying in my building I haven't been in but will this coming week.
There are always people that post on a message board and you want to know a little more about them and put a face to the name but alas I had already met this fellow a few times over the years and no surprises. Nice fellow and nice to have him in a group of friends.
A Bunch of us (9-10) went to Ali's Surf Camp in Cabarete in the Dominican Republic last night for dinner and conversation.

As you can see in the below picture Tom and Mary did too much work yesterday on the Farm and looked pretty well knocked out by last night but they still showed up for some good food and great conversation.

Ian doesn't like to be photographed and thought I think he wouldn't make it into the blog but all of you that know me know "THAT AIN'T HAPPENING" on my watch! Too many people that read want to see the pictures of all the charactors!

In the back of this picture above is Dori. He is opening the Restaurant in Eddys Sports Bar next week. I already got emails from people wanting to go who are NOT even in the country now. I know I for one am anxiously awaiting the opening! You can never have enough good restaurants in Sosua!

Eddys Sports Bar is known as the Best Sports Bar in the entire Dominican Republic and will get your Sporting Event on a Screen if it is at all humanly Possible. He is set up with Wireless FREE Internet and always has beautiful Barmaids and Waitresses which he has become famous for "Eddys' Angels" which I can certainly vouch for.

Dori running the Restaurant and putting out the great food he is so well known for will make Eddys even more popular than it already is. So remember, if there is a Sporting event and you are in the DR Go to Eddys to enjoy it along with beautiful women, cold beer and now great FOOD!

Say hi To Doug Hicks who along with his lovely wife Linda are building a home here in Sosua and will eventually be living here and part of fabric of a great Expat Community already existing here on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic.

My Communist Buddy Niko was also in attendence but had to leave early for a appointment with some folks from Santo Domingo to discuss a new 140 Unit Condo Project on Kite Beach starting up soon. Look for details on his website in the next few weeks as the plans get firmed up and published.

http://www.sosua-cabarete.com

That's it for now. I have to go to the airport to trade in my voucher for my Florida trip next month today before 11:59pm since my online reservation is on hold till then.

Hasta Pronto!

PS>Jackie, the type big enough for you now you blind SOB?

LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the font is too big!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, be glad that I was honest enough to tell you. I realize that your new glasses make things seem bigger than they really are, but not all of us wear them........yet.