Monday, January 09, 2006

This evening I had a pickup at the airport for one of my condos. Two Danish guys flew in from Amsterdam. Robert was also coming in on the same flight. Dawn called Martinair in Amsterdam to find out if the plane was on time and of course they said it was late so we pushed back leaving to the airport.
Dawn then gets a call from Mango Larry because Robert called him to call Dawn that the plane was actually early. Off we go running to the airport. After we get some Cell phone signal I called Robert on his cell phone to look out for my two Danes as I didn't want them to get uncomfortable not seeing me. We made it to the Airport in record time and outside waiting are my two Danes and NO ROBERT. Dawn calls him on the Cell phone and his lugguge didn't make the trip across the pond and he was filling out forms. Good thing as I may not have had room for his bags anyway:) Jeepeta was a little tight with 5 people. No worries we all got back to Sosua.

After getting the Condo Guests settled in Robert ran to the supermarket to buy some toiletries so he could shower. Dawn, Robert and I went to Baileys for something to eat, some drinks, some chat and a lot of laughs.

These are the gals that work the bar at Baileys where we Ate and Drank for a few hours. They are great looking gals which is always a plus when sitting down to hang out for a while in a bar. Itris always fun hearing Roberts stories when he travels. I don't believe every woman in England is fat no matter what he says! Tomorrow I hopefully have a real estate closing which I am doing for a friend.

Man I hope it goes well and the sale is completed. I would hate to have to call him up with bad news.

Friday I have another Condo Renter coming in from NY so off to the airport I go again. I am homeless again for another week!

Also on the same plane is a good friend of mine and a friend of his who I don't know but am anxious to meet. I was going to surprise Dawn because they are also friends and have hung out both in the DR and in NY but she was over at my condo this evening while waiting for Robert to get all buffed and fluffed and saw my phone messages on the table and guessed who it was. I had invited them over to Dawns Penthouse for Cocktails along with a few others and only told her 2 more are coming but I wasn't telling her who. Nosey Dawn ruined my surprise!

Thats all folks, time to go to sleep!

Hasta Pronto!

12 comments:

Videos by Professor Howdy said...

.
There is a time for everything,
a season for every activity
under heaven. A time to be
born and a time to die. A
time to plant and a time to
harvest. A time to kill and
a time to heal. A time to
tear down and a time to
rebuild. A time to cry and
a time to laugh. A time to
grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones
and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a
time to turn away. A time to
search and a time to lose.
A time to keep and a time to
throw away. A time to tear
and a time to mend. A time
to be quiet and a time to
speak up. A time to love
and a time to hate. A time
for war and a time for peace.

May 2006 be
your time to laugh,
embrace & receive
personal peace,
Dr. Howdy

Unknown said...

Thank you for the link.

Interesting to hear about Eddy's bar, we never got round to visiting when we were in DR. It is now near the top of things to do next time we visit. LOVE Thai food, my favourite.

All the best
Claire x

Anonymous said...

Why is it that you never take me to the places where they have the really beautiful women? Outside of Dawn's, that is! Don't worry my friend, there are plenty to go around, so there's no competition. LOL.

Anonymous said...

nosey? NOSEY? I didn't see your phone messages... I saw one name in big bold several-times retraced blue ink smack in the middle of the coffee table. duh uh. Even a newfie will guess some things some of the time. He was my second guess, btw... you ought to know better than to torment me with 'guess who's coming to dinner?' lol

When will Claire be here? I guess I ought to read her blog and find out. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Scott, get some spice in your life. Your Blog is starting to sound like Robbie's travels

Seriously, keep up good work and a few people try to get the URL past big brother, most notable Rocky :-)

Anonymous said...

Dude it's Wednesday, almost noon are you slowing down in your old age? Where are the updates?

Anonymous said...

Put more pictures of your finca and fruit trees. what happened to exotic beach view shots? put your nikon to good use man.
AZB

Anonymous said...

I was looking forward to a Taco Tuesday update. What happened?

Anonymous said...

The hell with taco tuesday updates. Just look at any taco tuesdays pictures and you will notice that they are all the same. no one wants to see a bunch of gringos eating tacos on a blog every week. Mind you, tacos tuesdays is an interesting event and people there are wonderful to hang with.
What people want is more pictures of this beautiful island and its people. Put pictures of lush green mountians, waterfalls, beach views and farms with animals. scott has a decent digital camera and a good sense of photography. let the film roll buddy.
AZB

Escott said...

Hey Aftab, you can just NOT read the Taco posts if that pleases you!

I don't just drive around all day taking pictures for people you know. I also have a life and my life includes Taco Tuesday so that is what I write about.

Why don't you write a guest entry in the blog including photos? We can Call that piece Aftab in Santiago!

Escott

Anonymous said...

Ok, let me see what I can dig up. I will just mail, you the stuff and you post it away.
hasta pronto.
Aftab