Friday, March 10, 2006

Good morning you all!

Someone sent me this LOGO for Dawn. They said she can listen to this new station when she goes back to Montana.

.

Now I don't know about the rest of you guys but everytime I hear country music I feel like making love to my sister. It just rubs me the wrong way. I NEED rock and roll. Don't misunderstand, I like Jazz, Blues, Classical, some reggae, Ska and a whole lot more but Country? Gimme a break!

.

I had breakfast at Britannia again today. Eggs benedict. Good stuff. 135 pesos with Juice, Fruit cup, Coffee, Potatoes and of course the eggs up on a split English muffin with Ham and Hollandaise Sause. Good stuff!

.

A Brittish fellow came to the table to tell me he reads my blog religiously. That was nice and I thank you. Nice to know that you preach to someone and just don't talk to yourself. I also got email from Mary in Texas. Good to know you still read my drivel Mary!

Someone made this comment on the last bit.

"james said... do you really think this fellow got locked up all that time just because? there has to be something more to it. a fine upstanding community guy with a good job and could afford some of the best lawyers around. i see your point about it being scary and all and i have followed your blog since its start on that white pasty guys forum but you know yourself, your a bussiness man in the dominican whether you think so or not. you have to ask yourself how could you end up in that kind of trouble or that situation. this mans name wasn't pulled from a hat.love the blog, not slagging here. something just seems amiss here. "

.

I was just going to comment to the comment but felt I needed to expand a bit more and make the rest of you read it instead of having to go to the comments first.

.

I read the article in question in the Miami Herald. It wasn't on a website DRblahblah where you see lots of nonsense. This is what I think may be a respectable publication. Now, do I believe everything they say in the papers? Hell NO! Papers are less likely going to print correct info than the Government here will refuse a bribe! That being said, the newspaper article said that there was false evidence provided the court and it was all nonsense. They went further to say that they present government of the Dominican Republic was just trying to discredit the previous government.

.

I was hoping for some further info and actually get a better handle on this. If you take the time to read the article you will see what I am saying and what scares me. Terrible business this!

.

I had two friends come in from NY today. Actually I had 4 friends come in from NY but I picked up only 2 because I didn't have enough room. Debbie who I picked up yesterday picked up 2 of the people I couldn't accomodate. Welcome home Herman, Bill, Mario and Howard.

.

I had dinner with 2 of my friends in Costambar tonight at Cafe Negril. Had that Sea Bass with Saffron sauce and it was GREAT!

.

Tomorrow or actually tonight, Friday, a whole bunch of us are having dinner at Dori's Restaurant in Eddys Sports Bar. So far we have Debbie and Brian, Herman and Bill, Howard, Mario and dates, Niko the Commie, Me, Rob and Sandy from Taco Tuesday and possibly another buddy of mine Ted and Grahame and Robin, and last but not least, Herbert who flies in tomorrow and I am picking up at the airport.. 16 people as starters. If you are in town and want to hang out with us just show up at 7pm for dinner. You will be welcomed.

.

Thats all folks!

.

Hasta Pronto!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL... thanks for the radio station info, but I'm a 98.5 fan in Montana. rock & roll all the way, thank heavens. Know one of the DJs because he once worked at the foundry and even flew to Alberta to help teach us how to weld when we first began our own. He was held up at immigration due to past pot smoking charges, we simply signed for him and promised to send him home. hee hee. Oh boy, not in a million years now.

About the charges against the US citizen... in times past, I would be more suspicious of the individual. But the world has changed since 9/11 and the US now practices zero tolerance on many levels, including changes to laws that once protected individual rights. Knowing the DR as it is, nothing crooked the govt does, past or present, surprises me. Seems to me it would add weight to the current govt's discredit campaign of Hipolito (an oxymoron?) if they offered up an American scapegoat. Their target was Hipolito and faking a bunch of documents to net a scapegoat is child's play in the DR. I've done many transactions with US Customs over the years; the system is a real system and most often works for its purpose-- which, in the end, is how they uncovered the faked Dominican docs. Might be difficult for some to comprehend how bad it is in the DR when a real system is the standard in one's home country. Also, given the DRs reputation as a drug route into the US and other countries, along with intl jitters against terrorism, perhaps there was more to the judges' harshness... desire to set an example to other Americans, especially in Miami? No one acts in a vacuum, including judges.
But the biggest joke of the ordeal was that Hipolito was called upon to testify for the businessman, if I were he I would have been more terrified of that than anything else. pots and kettles all round and the DR govts' reputation continues to be a joke.

Everyone have fun at Dori's tonight! I miss you all.