Monday, March 06, 2006

A little bit of Britain in your Life... And the kids

This is one of the photo's I took while in Florida. This particular jumper just may be one of the Ten Best in the World and is owned by Double H Farms. .
The young woman riding the horse is Casey Harrison and I have watched her jump for 2 years now. She didn't do so well at this particular show but she has certainly improved on her skills many fold since I have been watching her. She didn't come in the money and she was pretty discouraged. I just hope she gets back on the circuit and doesn't give up!
. I had breakfast at the Britannia Pub this morning. It is located on Pedro Clisante in Sosua, Dominican Republic. In case you didn't know it this place is under new ownership and it is a nice looking comfortable place to hang out. One of the partners who I am friends with Liam is a sweet nice man and is always polite and a gentleman and evidently has very good taste. The renovation is a complete change and it is real comfortable right down to the art on the walls! . I had a Bacon Egg and Cheese on a Bagel this morning with coffe for 75 Pesos! Tasted as good as you can get a simple breakfast to taste and the coffee mugs were the LARGE SIZE which is how I prefer to drink it. Don't have to continue to ask to have the thimble filled up:)
.
I want to thank you all for buying me that breakfast! Already this morning I have made $2.51 on the Google Ads. Yesterday I made over $4 bux so it definately even covered the $25 peso tip. Keep checking them out and enjoying the info provided and I will keep having breakfast and saying thank you! .
Yesterday after the Bbq (I ended up cooking the food on the grill) I went out with Jackie Quontree. I have to tell you that this crazy indian drinks like he is on the warpath. This pasty white boy canNOT keep up with him and I freely admit it! Not only that but I swear we have different metabolism. I had to go to the bano 10 times last night and I don't think he got up off his ass once.
.
It was a fun night and Jackie stayed at my condo instead of driving back to Puerto Plata which made me happy. Last time we did this he insisted on driving back to Puerto Plata at 3am which didn't make me comfortable. I don't want anything to happen to him after hanging out with me. Any other time who cares!:)
.
When I looked at his face at 9am this morning I knew that SOB was paying the price this time! Yeah Jackie, you looked like crap! Just so you know I ran into your young British friend last night after I left you to go home and he asked for you. Don't know why but he mentioned something about tongue but I couldnt quite understand it! I said goodnight and pointed him in your direction and went home to bed! LOL
.
Tonight Jackie and I are having dinner in Costambar. I found this Restaurant a while ago called Cafe Negril which is located in Atlantico One Apartments. I eat here every time I get to Costambar since my first meal there. Sea Bass in Saffron, New England Clam Chowder and Key Lime Pie was what I had the last time with my buddy Edd (Rellosk) and it felt like everything just melted in my mouth. Hell I am not even a fan of Key Lime Pie but the owner Mickey told me to have it and it was GREAT!
.
Tonight if the owner is there I am just going to tell him to order for me. I eat everything that doesn't eat me first and I can't wait to see what he orders and serves me tonight.
.
It is a rainy cool morning here in Sosua. Nothing much doing today other than getting a new cell phone hooked up. I was out first thing this morning but the cell phone store wasn't open for some reason. After I get this finished I will try again and then get a Massage for an hour. Of course after the massage I will need a shower to wash the oil off and then maybe I will catch up on my beauty sleep!
.
The new cell phone has not only a camera but a camcorder. It is the LG 6200. If anyone knows how to sync it to my computer let me know. I have the cable and the software but for some reason the software doesn't recognize either of my LG 6100 or 6200 phones but the computer does. If you have the software that will do this for me I would appreciate it you could email it to Jazzpaging@yahoo.com . I use Windows XP Multi Media Edition if that makes a difference.
.
I picked up a new computer with that AMD Turion 64 bit processor when I was in Florida. I also tried the software on my Toshiba Laptop and it didn't work there either for some reason. HELP!
.
We have decided to put the money raised from the last Auction in helping to setup and build a Free Dental Clinic. We are doing this along with Alberto who runs the finance house in Puerto Plata that a lot of my friends and myself invest in. He has a building next door to his office that he bought to protect himself and is going to renovate the offices in there. He will also donate office space to others that will give free services to the poor of the North Coast.
.
Who knows, maybe first a dental clinic and maybe after the Easter Auction a Kidney dialisis machine or something else just as needed. Stay tuned folks, we are about to do some great stuff here on the North Coast that will have an impact on the people here TODAY! This is not a cure all but we will have an impact in the local area.
.
Remember please email Carina or me at Jazzpaging@yahoo.com with any donations of either goods or services or good old cold cash! Help us do some great things here with your donations!
.
Hasta Pronto

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're damned right you can't hang with me on a boys' night out, and don't you forget it! LOL.

BTW, it was great having you over for the BBQ, and thanks a million for all of the help. I had previously stated that I would have liked to do the BBQ but that I wasn't much of a cook myself. So, it was certainly nice to have somebody around who could do the cooking. A good time was had by all, and we'll have to do it again in the future.

Escott said...

Jackie, Bbq was a blast and look forward to it again for sure. I am going to bring my maid to cook next time. I can even have her clean up after!

After hanging out with you many times I can actually tell you I "Don't want to hang out with you on a "BOYS" night out". Let me know when the "Boys night out looking for beautiful Women" night is going to happen and I will show for that!

So how tough is it to go back to work after being in the DR for a few weeks, hanging out with me for a few days and not being able to work until you catch up on my blog to see what I have said about you so you can reply to try and save some face?

Bwahaha

Escott

Anonymous said...

Let's remember, you're the one who took me to Ploooooto's, not me, and stated it was your favorite place. I can assure you we won't be going back there to hang out the next time I'm in town.

Work is what it always is, work. Of course I had to play catch up, as is always the case when I'm gone for any length of time. But, it was nice to hear that I was missed. i haven't responded sooner because my computer was in the shop, and I now have quite a bit of catching up to do on work and personal related things. So, I'll give you a holler when I get things together.