Sunday, March 05, 2006

Little bit of Dis and little bit of Dat!

My friend Shad in Toronto sent me this picture of a Aston Martin which is exactly like the car I used in Florida with the exception of mine was in British Racing Green which I have been told is the only colour to have one of these babies in. He said he had it on his desk and he was pissed that I was actually driving one of these bad boys.

.

I know he was only kidding and he sent this to me to keep until I returned to Florida. Shad is a decent guy any day of the week and petty jealousy is not part of him or his being! Funny thing about having this car to drive and also having something bigger in the same garage after driving it the first time I drove the other car until the day before I left. I felt that it was almost obligatory to drive that bad boy once again. I am thankful to my buddy that gave me the opportunity to even see this car for the first time in my life that I can remember. All that being said next time with a Range Rover and an Aston Martin in the Driveway I will get into the Rover for reasons I am not sure I even understand.

.

That friend who lovingly provided a roof over my head and cars to drive when I was in Florida is coming this week to the Dominican Republic along with another real nice fellow and I can't wait to see them! Great guy and very pleasant company always and a treat to have around always! He is a golfer and pays 1000 US a month for his golf membership in Florida where he rarely goes. He spends a lot of time here in the Dominican Republic and was here 5-8 weeks ago last. It is a treat for me to see him here. I always try to hook up with him in the States when I am there and here we hang out for days instead of an evening for dinner and drinks which suits me better.

.

Today I have an airport pick up of a guy from Canada who has stayed in my condo several times but since my friends are coming down I can't put him up this trip but I felt like picking his stanky arse up from the airport anyway. He gets in at 11:30 am which is great because at 1pm I am going to a friends Bbq up in Puerto Plata which I am looking forward to. It all works out for me timewise today and I don't have to do the racing around that causes stress. Great!

.

This week I have several friends coming to town. Debbie and Brian, Herman, Ted, Mario and Howard and probably a few more that I forgot already. Be great to see them all and do some hanging out and sharing meals. My boy Dori who has the restaurant in Eddys Sports Bar will be a busy guy with everyone in town. When I was in Florida I have loads of Thai and Sushi so I have been only had Salads and Fish and Chips since Wednesdays return. I am looking forward to Dori's Thai Curry and Japanese Noodle dishes. They are my favorite meals on the Island!

.

I will hang out with Carina at the Bbq today and discuss how we are going to get the Auction done and promote both the dinner and the auction. Hopefully between Carina, Jackie and myself we can make some headway with the upcoming project. Please remember if you have any goods and services to donate or even cold cash drop me a line. This is the rush now since it is coming up quickly so reach down deep and please help out our efforts. We should also know where the past money is going to be used by next week. I am pretty sure it will be outfitting a free dental clinic and office building that will offer free space to professionals that will also give out free health services. Matter of fact, my friend Jillian is a speech therapist who is getting fluent in Spanish. Maybe I can talk to her about donating some of her time when she is here. I am actually sure that would be no problem as she is a fine person. She was my daughters FIRST baby sitter. My wife and Jillian were doing the speech and hearing masters at the same time and we had all Masters Students as babysitters. My daughter was a lucky gal!

.

Thats about it for today folks, hope you have a smashing Sunday. Here in the Dominican Republic the weather is real nice although at about 3am I heard torrential showers. I look forward to seeing friends at the Bbq today and hanging out getting fat!:)

.

Hasta Pronto!

PS> I made $4.43 yesterday with the google adsense. You guys bought me a real nice breakfast this morning!:)

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello scot...

nice to hear you had a good breakfest...

i helped i bit...

will be there on the 8..

pascal