Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Last night I went to Taco Tuesday with Lorraine and Ray who live in the same condo complex I live in.

.

For the first time that I can remember there were more people I didn't know there then there were people I do know. Heck most times there are more people I have recommended to go there, there, then others in total. The folks that own Checkpoint Bar on Beachway Plaza in Sosua were there along with JR who I knew but heck the rest I had no clue about.

.

I usually am the first person there at Taco Tuesdays. I like getting there early so I can just soak up the view of the ocean and the atmosphere while it is quiet and before I have to be a social animal. Last night there were 20 people there before me. When my friends Camden Tom and Mary got to the joint which was fairly early, the food was all gone. They had to go somewhere else for dinner but stayed for a few beers.

.

Man, I leave town for 2 weeks along with the owners of the place and it becomes the most popular gig on the North Coast! Rob and Sandy have been in Seatle for about 3 weeks at their daughters wedding but return Thursday. Someone should call them and tell them to stay so they can make money! LOL

.

Today Brian and Debbie arrive from Canada and I will be picking them up at the plane. Tomorrow I have another 2 groups of friends coming down and I had to recruit Brian and Debbie to help me round them all up from the Airport. Whoopie, more people to hang with!

.

Friday at 7pm a bunch of us are going to have dinner at Dori's Restaurant in Eddys Sports Bar in Sosua. So far Tom, Mary, Niko and myself and possibly Grahame and Robin are coming. I am sure that Debbie, Brian, Herman, my two friends coming tomorrow and a whole bunch more will be there. Whoopie, a dinner party! If you want to join us just show up at Eddys!

.

Hasta Pronto!

2 comments:

Escott said...

That will be a good welcome back for you! Have a safe trip!

Escott

Anonymous said...

Hi I am interested in a two month stay in the Costambar area. I am trying to find an affordable apartment or condo rental. I was there a few years back and really liked a place called "Condo Linda"..I think. It was owned by a Canadian couple. The building was about two blocks off the beach. It had a pool and a small restaurant ran out of the owners apartment. DO you know if this place still exists? If so, do you ahve the contact information. Thanks branton@rice.edu