Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A sculpture for a King!

Today we had some problems with our generator. I just got to know what it feels like to be
inconvienenced by the electric problems. My condo has a generator and we are always 24/7 on except today. Not a big deal for one day but I feel sorry for people that have to change their days depending on the availability of electric from the street.
.
Don't misunderstand I am not humbled yet, just had an excercize in seeing how others have to live. Tomorrow or actually now I am back to my self:)
.
. I just got finished reading email from Dawn. She asked me where I was all day as she tried to call me. I have one of those vonage phones but without electric, I have no internet so my phone didn't even ring.
.
One of the Sculptures sold in Florida through one of our reps was shipped by private plane yesterday to Saudi Arabia. She found out today it is going to the King. Cool! If a commission from Saudi Arabia comes in I won't know what to do. I am afraid my buddy AZB will have his Terrorist buddies there to TAKE ME OUT! LOL . Hell, when it is over it is over. Any day is a good day to die but I don't think I will want to go to Saudi Arabia. Way too controled there for my taste. Dawn can do that commission all alone! No EXcott allowed:) . I had breakfast and lunch today at Brittania Pub on Pedro Clisante in Sosua, Dominican Republic. Liam and his partner have done a great job with their renovations and a superb job on the menu and preparations since purchasing it fairly recently. I guess that is why every seat in the place has been taken both during breakfast and also lunch. These are classy guys that know how to operate a classy business and when you do things right they PAY OFF and I am certain these guys are going to be as busy as that space will allow! Hell they are already. . Liam told me at lunch that tomorrow they bring in their complete menu. I asked him to email it to me so I can post it here. I look forward to seeing it. . Tonight is Taco Tuesday and I am looking forward to going since I have not been there in a few weeks. Hopefully we will get a nice crowd there as the weather is fabulous today. It will be nice to see a bunch of folks I haven't seen in a while. . I spoke with Alberto this morning regarding using the money raised to do this Free Dental Clinic for children on the North Coast and told him it was a go. I spoke with just about everyone involved in the raising of the money and everyone felt it was a great idea. We will visit the building this week to discuss how we are going to renovate the space to suit our plans for now and in the future. I thanked Alberto for allowing me to get involved with this project. I think it is very exciting. We spoke briefly about even some small things such as childrens books in the waiting room and agreed to discuss many things on Friday. . I have been doing the Rosetta Stone Spanish Course on Computer. My battery charger broke and just replaced it so I am going to get back into it. I should just buy me a teacher but that would mean I would have to spend the time with a person and cut into my private time so I will stick with the computer:) . I got a call from my attorney today and we are going to Santo Domingo in a couple of weeks to pick up my Passport and new Cedula. I will be glad to get that over with as it has been a long time since I got sworn in as a Dominican last year. Yahoo! . My boy Jackie returns today to Connecticut. It seemed that he had a real nice time here on his extended trip. He is looking forward to returning next month. Good for him. Tomorrow and the next day I have a lot of friends coming into town. YEAH! Can't wait to see them. Nice to have them back. Herbert, when are you returning? Dawn said soon but I would like to hear from you! . okey dokey folks, I have just about said everything on my mind. I will practice my Panish for a while then take a shower and get smelling good for Taco Tuesday! Maybe I will get a big kiss from my wife when I get there! . Hasta Pronto!
PS>I made $4.37 yesterday, thanks, I had eggs benedict at Brittania today and it was delicious! Keep on checking out the Google ads as they are very informative and I am very hungry:) Tomorrow I can only have the Bacon Egg and Cheese with Coffee as you have only done $2.70 so far today. Heck I even have some money for a tip left over!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary and I had brunch at Britania today. It was very good and very reasonable. Met Lian, a very pleasant man.

Camden Tom

Escott said...

Brian... Not till next month


Tom... Liam is the type of guy you always smile about when you run into him. Always pleasant, polite and a pleasure!

Had breakfast their today again. Not as crowded as the last couple of days or maybe it was that I got there later in the day but food was very good.