Thursday, June 22, 2006

Appearing shortly

Say hello to Donny and Sancho. This is a sculpture finished in Bronze Dawn was commissioned to do for a family. The head of the family was the first president of the National Bar Association. His daughter was the first woman admitted.
.
She was allowed to make three. One for the family private collection, one for the Huntington Library which is a museum in California that has so many wealthy patrons that every donation has to be judged and approved before they take the donation. This piece is in their permanent collection.
.
The third piece is going into the Permanent Collection of QuiXote's Restaurante in Sosua. I just spoke with a friend who is bringing down a container and he is going to let me add this to it. I will make this the centerpiece of the Restaurante.
This piece is very large. I was only able to move it by bear hugging it. I can't lift it off of the floor and hardly can walk in a straight line. Look for #3 of 3 to be on display sometime this year.
.
I got a call from the guy in Santiago about the Granite Bar Top yesterday. When he was here doing a pattern he tried to step me up 30,000 pesos on my pick. I said NO, AIN'T POSSIBLE. WHERE IS THE CHEAPER ONE. He points to it and I say I will take it. He called me yesterday and said it was 50,000 more than he quoted me. I hung up on him and won't ever deal with that dope again.
.
I am still waiting for the woman that was here the other day to give the quote on HER measurement for granite. She will get my business if she is able to do business like a human which is entirely way too difficult.
.
I got the rest of the light fixtures installed recently in the main dining room. Looks great and especially at night when the lights are on and outside is dark.
.
Hasta Pronto!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy scott, I feel bad for you putting all that time and effort in to the restaurant and having to deal with incompetant vendors. Can't make your job any easier. At least the restaurant looks like a success so far. I'll be down in early August to check out Quixotes for myself.

Unknown said...

Fantastic sculpture - but then how could Dawn go wrong! Like the menu design too. Can't wait to come back and visit Quixote's.