Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Gentleman sitting on the right celebrated his birthday last night with 7 of his friends and family in QuiXotes.
.
I put them in the back room and they had it all to themselves and hung out here for about 3-4 hours. Great to have them here and glad that they enjoyed themselves. We made a make shift last minute birthday cake.
.
Yesterday was one of our busier days and although I had one person working the floor and another in the bar at the end of the night I was exhausted. Today is Sunday and tomorrow we are closed again for a day off. Tomorrow I go on the search for a Granite Top for the Bar AGAIN. The guy finally came on Thursday to make a pattern and we picked out another piece of granite and he tells me it was 31000 Pesos more than the original one I picked out which I couldn't have because he said it broke too easy after I made a special trip to Santiago to pick it out. I told the guy NO WAY. Show me something for the same price. He did and I was going to give him a deposit and he said no he has to recalculate. Well if he doesn't come back to me by end of business today I buy from someone else. I don't have enough time for people that waste my time and hold me up which by the way constantly happens here. Business is very hard to do here. . . Starting to get finished with the outside renovations. Some day I will actually finish:)
. This is the new look of the outside of the restaurant at night. We put out 8 outside lights not including the floresant lights behind the QuiXotes Sign.
.
The restaurant was pretty crowded last night. Had a lot of people from outside the hotel and that pleased me to no end. I have not promoted a thing yet as I am still wanting to complete the work I started first.
Hasta Pronto!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but notice the guy in the wheelchair. I'm having a hard time finding where to buy a wheelchair in the DR. If he comes around again and it desn't seem too rude, could you ask him if he bought the chair in the DR (or if he knows where to buy one). I'd like to get one when I come down at the end of the month.

Edd

Escott said...

Edd, that is the infamous Pascal who also happens to be Dutch and I know for a fact he brings his chair here with him.

He brought this front end which is like a bicycle front for it which is really cool! I wanted him to get the hell out of the chair so I could take a JOY RIDE on it but he refused! LOL

Call Bornigal clinic when you get here and they will gladly tell you where to purchase it.

Escott