Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Disnalda Passes 2nd Grade!

This is the scene of Garden Kids School Commencement which took place and is still taking place today. Dawn called me from there and I got there just in time to be able to take a picture of Disnalda receiving her certificate for completing 2nd grade.
I had to take this on Telephoto and was just walking in when I heard her name being called up to receive her certificate.
.
She is now finished with school for the summer but we are getting her tutoring from her math teacher over the summer to help her along a bit more. Although she has finally gotten in stride I want to help her take a few steps ahead now so she won't have it as hard in the future.
.
Dawn is going to bring her to QuiXote's so I can take some more pictures of her before she brings her back to her home in Charamico.
.
She is now looking forward to her birthday party this summer which will be held at QuiXote's Restaurante in Beautiful Downtown Sosua:)
.
Ok back to work for me and it is real quiet again in town. Only served a half dozen breakfasts so it is real slow compared to the 25 to 35 we have been serving on a daily basis. Couple of more folks just wondered in so maybe although it is 11:20am already breakfast isn't over for us yet.
.
I just got off the phone with my buddy Herbert from NY. He has a new condo about to close here in Sosua Gawd willing and I have to contact Guido Perdomo to see if it is ready for me to get done. If so I will close it today for him. He is bringing down some booze for me next week when he returns home to the Dominican Republic. He picked up a 28 year old Scotch for me and will bring another Grey Goose unflavored for me. Man it kills me to buy the French Vodka:)
.
I had another friend from Canada bring me a Crown Royal and a 12 year old Canadian Club this week also so the list is growing and will grow further next week when I have 4-6 people bringing me Booze's that I don't have.
.
I have to redo the Booze list and post it so you all can comment on what I am missing.
.
Yahoo mail has been down all morning and I haven't been able to retrieve my mail yet today so if you are expecting a reply I will do so as soon as it is possible.
.
Hasta Pronto!

1 comment:

Escott said...

Carina... She has made great strides in this last year. She had a great report card! Beautiful and smart. 2 years have passed already and what a difference in her English!