Thursday, January 05, 2006

Lunch

Today I had Tabouli and Curry Carrot Soup for Lunch which Dawn says is a great Soup for Parties but I had mine served room temperature and it was just Great! The bowl is pictured in the picture on the left as I was eating it on Dawns Terrace. It was spicy hot and I am now drinking a Presidente to cool off my mouth. Yeah, and guess what the ambiance of being on the terrace with this view was a absolute hit also. I needed to capture the moment and photograph it as today is one of the most beautiful days I have ever experienced in the Dominican Republic. Picture perfect day with temps at about 82 degrees F. Yup, I am an American and don't know that centergrade stuff!:) Gimme a break will ya... This evening i am picking up a few people from the airport. Doug is a retired Professional Hockey Player and his wife Linda who is a Interior Decorator. They are going to retire here in the Dominican Republic at some point. I have to admit that I have NEVER been a Hockey fan. Please don't tell Doug:) He did buy shoes at my families shoe business in Atlanta while he was playing which warrents the pickup at the airport:) I am taking Dawn with me to the airport so she can talk Hockey with him as he played for the Edmunton Oilers when she lived in Calgary and she grew up with 3 brothers who also were fans. Let them talk Hockey and I will talk Dreckarations with Linda! LOL My family has a HUGE shoe business in Atlanta and pretty famous for selling shoes to Professional Athletes because we sell from Mens Size 8 to Size 22. Check out the selection on the web at: Http://www.largefeet.com We even have a womens shoe selection and a womesn shoe store for all you Emeldas out there. Hasta Pronto!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful view, relaxation comes from seeing it.

Best,

Anonymous said...

Doug and Dawn will have lots to talk about, seeing Canada won World Junior Hockey Championship last night! Doug also just bought in Calgary, and Dawn used to live in Calgary...so Scott, be prepared to be ignored!

Send all my best...
Trina

Escott said...

I am just a fly on the wall always... Hmm... does that sound like me? LOL