Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Rosa by any other Name is...

Say hello to Rosa. She is of Italian decent living in Canada but spending a lot of time in the Dominican Republic for going on 20 years. She rents an apartment in the building I live in and we spend many days at the pool together.

.

Rosa is also a GREAT COOK. When I return from Florida I am going to take her up on a meal which I am looking forward to as she is a fabulous cook and I mean FABULOUS!.

.

I gave her the Finca Tour today and she said in a million years she wouldn't be able to describe it to anyone. You just have to see it for yourself. I agree. It is looking better and better every month. We have had good rain and lots of stuff is growing like wild.

.

I love the flower that is on the tree next to Rosa. Believe it or not they are just STARTING to bloom and probably won't be in full bloom for a couple of weeks. I hope I don't miss the blooms on these as it will break my heart. You wait all year and finally but I am going to Florida... Oh well, such is life. When I get back I will have plenty more to see and eat.

.

I got a call from my friend Chris Colon also known as Tom while up at the Finca today. He seems to be doing very well and was in very good spirits. I didn't see him since Thanksgiving Dinner at Eddys Sports Bar in Sosua. I promised him I would be doing the Easter Bash again and also at Eddys. This time Dori will be serving the food and I look forward to that!

.

I found out today that if you are on a plan with Verizon cellphone you are entitled to a new phone every 18 months. I am going up to Verizon today to get me new phone. Unfortunately Puerto Plata is where I have to go.

.

Well I have to go wash my butt and head up to get my new phone. Have a great day folks!

Hasta Pronto

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to count me in on the Easter Bash this year. I have my plane ticket purchased and, for only the 3rd time in my life, I'll be taking a two week trip, instead of the typical one weeker. I'm looking forward to it. However, that doesn't mean you'll have to wait until then to buy me that Bud you promised in the other post....I'll be back in 3 weeks.

Escott said...

You can count on me buying up every Budweiser in Puerto Plata, buying you one and selling you all the others! (at a slight profit)

LOL