Thursday, January 19, 2006

This was a table of about 12 people who were eating dinner at Dori's Restaurant which is located inside Eddys Sports Bar in Sosua, Dominican Republic. Dori is the Longhair on the Right with the Apron standing. The restaurant was full and everyone enjoyed themselves. Most of the people I was with were friends of Dori's but Eddy told me that even the fussy people he knows that tried to food LOVED it!
I had the Egg Rolls and the Thai Pork Curry. Dori knows that I like my food spicy and he lit it up for me and I was thrilled. I think Dori has a hard time understanding that I like to taste that type of food twice. Once going in and second time leaving! LOL

Say hi to Lou from Lous Shark Bar most recently located on Sosua Beach but now in the process of opening up on Pedro Clisante across from Harrisons Jewelers. His claim to fame is that he is going to be serving food until 6am which should be a good niche for him. He promised to send me email updating me on the construction, menu and other aspects of his business so I can put them here on the blog to let you guys know what is going on here in Sosua on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic.

Standing next to Lou is Ian who posts as Tamborista on DR1 and Jim a contractor from the Boston area. Sheesh talking to Jim last night I thought I was talking to one of the brothers on Public Broadcasting System who do the Car show with that Accent!:)

This is a banner from Eddys Sports Bar in Sosua. Eddys has been voted the best Sports Bar on the North Coast and it is a great place to go to see your favorite Sports on TV, surf the internet on your laptop and now eat great food! Stop in any night, have a great meal and say hello to Eddy and Dori. You will thank me after!

We are planning and getting ready right now for the 6th Annual Easter Bash/1st Annual Childrens Benefit Silent Auction. A lot of people are working on this as I type and we have set a goal of 10 Thousand US dollars to benefit the Children on the North Coast.

We already have a $1000 US dollar Cash Donation, a case of mixed wine and whiskey made in the DR, a week at one of the finer All Inclusives on the North Coast, Spa Package, Pottery, Jewelery and much more donated already. The people are working hard on a plan for what to do with the $6500 already raised and we should have some further info on this in the near future and certainly before Easter. I can tell you that I find what I have heard very EXCITING and gives me hope for the future here and what we as a group CAN accomplish. No Fluff and no angles here folks, just a bunch of very UNSELFISH individuals who really give a darn and absolutely NO OVERHEAD involved. Stay tuned for more info on this. You WILL be impressed!

Please get involved and approach your friends and businesses you do business with and ask them to participate by donating goods and services for the upcoming silent auction. We will promote them both on the internet and on radio in order to promote the auction and their generosity. WIN-WIN for everyone so please get on board early as the promotions will start in one week.

Hasta Pronto!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

blog away...really enjoying it.it was good to see louie from the shark bar..we're good friends..matter of fact the last time i was in sosua and stayed in that great condo of yours ..i was there to celebrate his sons baptism..i wish him luck in his new location...hi to all. paddy

jessafran said...

we're battling on BE right now, so i wanted to say hello!