Saturday, January 21, 2006

Family Destination of the Year, Dominican Republic

This is what I consider one of my classic Dominican Republic Photos. I posted it on the last blog but saved it to repost.
I took this picture in El Tablon in Charamicos. This is about the poorest and worst neighborhood on the North Coast. The government actually built Apartments to move these people into and the crooks ended up selling the apartments to their friends.
Bermuda and Caribbean > Dominican Republic More on Dominican Republic Family Destination of the Year: Dominican Republic By CAREN OSTEN GERSZBERG Published: January 22, 2006 THE variables involved in planning a Caribbean family vacation can be daunting enough to send the weak scurrying back to a condo in Sarasota. Ideal for honeymooners or stressed-out grown-ups, many Caribbean resorts are designed for those who need to get away from it. Rest of the Story can be read: http://travel2.nytimes.com/2006/01/22/travel/22family.html
I nearly fell off my chair when I read this in the New York Times this morning! Man I think Tourism has a long way to go here but I was happy to read the article touting the horn of the Dominican Republic. Sometimes Bulldoodie can pave the way to better things. I sure hope so!
Headed to Puerto Plata now with Niko the Commie to look at some real estate.
If we find stuff worthwhile it will be posted on Niko's website so check it out in a few.
Hasta Pronto!

No comments: