Tuesday, January 31, 2006

You cant help but notice electric service in the Dominican Republic leaves a lot to be desired.
Wires going every which way and no meters. People just hook up and take electric and never pay for it.
Heck even those that can afford to pay do not and no one does anything about it.
I know one new condo that doesn't pay as a whole because the person that built the building kept a condo and doesn't want to pay so the rest of the 10 or 12 condos don't either.
This picture is one of the milder sites you will see as the others I have seen are much more dramatic!
I have seen Tree Branches used as electric poles with a Y at the top and not even fastened into the ground. Amazing there aren't way more fires cause by electrical malfunctions here in the Dominican Republic.
Hasta Pronto!
PS> Did you know that the Dominican Republic has a whole bunch of Baseball Schools run by Major League Teams? Coming up "I visited 2 run by Colorado Rockies and the Indians."

2 comments:

Escott said...

You don't even have to go to flickr Brian. You can upload them directly to your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi there...nice blog. When I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on cellulite help I found your page. Your site is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. Should you ever need information on cellulite help then drop by the site above and check it out.