Saturday, February 04, 2006

This is the training facility of the Colorado Rockies and the Cleveland Indians. Above is the entrance to the observation deck which I guess is used by the management and scouts.

These are the Indians taking Batting Practice. These are kids 17-19 years old who have been drafted and signed. After attending School they will be assigned to the Minor Leagues in the States and around the world.

This is a 19 year old Dominican who happens to be 6'5" tall. He plays Centerfield and will be going to a Double A Club in a few months. I think he said he is going to Arizona. You may just see him playing Centerfield for one of the Major League Teams in a few years! He signed with the Rockies but you never know what may happen in a few years of Minor League Ball. He is suppose to be a great hitter and a great "FAST" fielder. He is supposed to have a great future in front of him.

Before I couldnt get these pictures to upload and now they are here twice. I apologize but I am not going to start all over again.

Hasta Pronto!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. I never knew that facility existed. Do you need to have a cedula to get in or will they let gringos in with a passport?

Escott said...

Amazing how much I learn about my country on a regular basis!

What I love most is teaching what I have learned to native Dominicans!