Saturday, February 04, 2006

I went to Boca Chica to visit a couple of baseball schools run but Major League Teams in the Dominican Republic. I originally thought that they only had the school for Dominicans since Dominicans are so popular in the Major Leagues today but they come from all over to go to these schools. This particular school I went to was two schools in one. One for the Colorado Rockies and the other for the Indians and as I remember it was the Cleveland Indians way back when but not sure if still today. Instead of making a right into Boca Chica you make a left and go on a Dirt road for about 5 miles, through farms and industrial areas and finally you get to the school. You have to be admitted through the gates by the guard, give him your cedular and get the pass in exchange. Of course you trade it in on the way out. This place was HUGE. Two different teams set up this school. On the way back to Boca Chica I was shown several other schools of other Major League Teams in the same area. I have been here for years and never knew that this existed here. Live and learn. Now I will teach others what THEY don't know. More pictures and info coming up in the next bit. For some reason I couldn't upload 5 pics that I put in the Q. Hasta Pronto PS> uploaded a bunch of pics to Flickr http://flickr.com/photos/37904369@N00/?saved=1 Check them out!

No comments: